Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

On new roomies and forgotten food

Since Pony decided to move out, G and I have been discussing who should take her place in the People's Democratic Republic of Apartment. We speculated about O for a while, but it didn't look like he could leave his apartment until Christmas, and that was a bit too far off. G and I kinda left it as is, until I came home tonight to find his cool architect friend of his here, and them both totally giddy. "He's going to live here!" G exclaims happily, and while I would've maybe preferred a conversation about it where I was involved, I don't object to his choice of roomie. Technically I'm not even on the lease, but I would've liked to be involved in the decision making process. Ah well. I'm not displeased, I think he'll fit in just fine.





We went outside and burned off some of G's fireworks to celebrate, which felt like a wonderfully decadent thing to do on a Thursday evening, before sampling some of G's home grown chili fruits (and finding that they damn near burned a hole in my tongue) and then packing it in and heading to bed. I tend to dread Thursdays before I go to work, based on the fact that I've had a few insanely busy ones, but generally they're just the same as any other day. Certainly this Thursday was better than Tuesday anyways, not to mention Wednesday, so I don't really understand my apprehension.

Fridays though. Fridays are the worst. Well, not really, since Wednesdays officially hold that position and I get to work with cool people on Fridays (this week, Mafune) and generally make a whole bunch of tips, but this Friday was just crazy busy. I was so tired by the end of my shift that I ended up forgetting my sushi dinner at work, and didn't notice it until I was on the subway on my way home. Now I'm exhausted and hungry, and I don't know which is best to do anything about first. Shit. Made a boat-load of tips though and had a pretty good day, all things considered.

Coming home makes me feel like this though.
I had brunch with Knives Chau today, where we'd intended to celebrate Cinnamon Bun day, but we forgot all about it eating delicious sandwiches with feta cheese and grilled chicken. What's with me forgetting food today? Food I like too, not just any food. Stupid day. I'll just have to make myself some noodles and pretend like I didn't want sushi or cinnamon buns anyway.

*sob sob*
I've looked forward to getting some time off this weekend though. I've felt really slow and stupid lately, and I haven't gotten much time to myself, so it'll be nice to just kick back a bit. I'll need to anyways, I have a nasty cut on one of my toes and some other miscellaneous sores that I don't really know how they came to be. It'll be nice to just be able to chill anyways and get off my feet for a bit. I'll need to get right into studying for the TEFL, obviously, but as long as I don't have to smile and make pleasant conversation while doing so, I'll recover just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment