Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

On terrible days being terrible

Is it normal to hate Fridays with a passion? Because I do. At least this one. This one sucked. I was sure it would before it even started.





Nothing went my way. I didn't have time to finish up my TEFL assignment of the day, since I had to go see Knives Chau because I ditched her yesterday. Hanging out with Knives is great, as always, and although I almost felt a little resentful at first for having to leave my work unfinished, it was nice to be able to see her before she zips off to Berlin for a week and a half. The internet on my phone decided to give up midway through a conversation with T. Work was busy as fuck. The other waitress showed up an hour later than I did, leaving me no time to prepare anything at all before dinner customers started coming as lunch customers were still pouring in at 4 pm. We had probably the busiest evening all year, and despite being three people on the team still had to work like crazy people. People who just received their salary are hungry motherfuckers, apparently.


I cut my finger pretty bad on a sake bottle. The cordless credit card machine stopped working half-way through the dinner service, and that's like our one big source of tips, so the amount we ended up scoring was far less than it probably would've been otherwise. I didn't have time to eat. I forgot my keys at work. I have a huge, very uncute canker sore on my lip that hurts and annoys the fuck out of me. I got my period unexpectedly. I want the world to fuck off. I'm not even looking forward to gaming tomorrow. I just want to be left alone.


Next week I should just not see anyone. Like at all. Sit in my room like some sort of hermit and just give the world the finger, except for my six hours of scheduled social time at work. I have zero patience for anything and anyone right now. I think I need food and sleep. Pajama sushi, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment