Pages

Thursday 24 October 2013

On sheeple and trophy wives

I think I might be getting a cold. I've been really exhausted lately, and I kinda wish I could stay home, but every day I don't work will literally cost me roughly 660 SEK, and while being lazy is amazing, I don't feel like paying that kind of money unless I'm seriously ill.


I can't wait for the weekend. Today's Wednesday, which means buffet day, which in turn means much too much work for hardly any tips. Shit. I'd much rather sit at home, doing TEFL lazily while not leaving bed. I say that every day, but that's not so much a reflection of what work's like as a reflection of how amazingly lazy I am. If I could work only when I felt like working, with full pay, that'd be sweet.


Maybe I should just aim at becoming a trophy wife.

I don't know if it's because my dreams of having a dog someday have intensified since anime boy Yohei happily announced that he'd gotten a cat the other week, but a lot of things I think about come in dog-terms now. Like work, for example. I feel a bit like a herding dog. I herd the sheep to where they should eat, and then I wander around checking up on everybody, making sure that no-one's strayed. Maybe it's rude to think of ones' customers as sheep. Some really deserve it though. A select few are so bad it's an insult to sheep to call them sheep as well.

A lady came in fifteen minutes to ten today, when we were closing a little early, seeing as all the customers had already gone home. "Sorry, we've closed already," I say looking apologetic as fuck but secretly going 'Go home lady, I'm sick of you people' in my head.
"You're closed? But I just want something to drink!"
"I'm sorry, we've closed already."
"But I just want a glass of red wine and to read the paper until you close, is that OK?"
"Uh, no. We've closed."
"So it's not OK then."
"Sorry, no."
"But it says on the sign that you're open until ten!" she exclaimed with an indignant air and then angrily stormed out.
"...Bet you anything in the world she was already drunk," Shan said with a sigh.

Oh man, restaurant life. I don't even. It's just legitimately insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment