Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

On rollercoaster weekends and empty rooms

Man, this weekend has been sorta rough with a lot of ups and downs.


Due to the bus driver being a careless asshole, G's sculpture for an exhibition broke on his way to the gallery, and all hell broke loose. As always, G handles setbacks spectacularly bad, thinking that every negative thing that ever happens is somehow his fault, and flies into a fit of rage and despair at the drop of a hat. I thought this only made me uncomfortable because of the volume of the yelling and general atmosphere turning so thick breathing is almost impossible, but listening to it this time lead me to the conclusion that it legitimately scares me. I really don't appreciate not feeling comfortable in my own home to the degree that I sit outside the door, waiting for the storm to weather out.

Pony and I escaped on a mini adventure to the suburbs, giving up on our quest to find an Asian food mart and instead hanging out in a mall, eating ice cream, watching one of the chefs in the food court who looked like a younger hotter (but obviously less muscle-y) version of Bruce Lee, before I bought the tightest dress I've ever worn and Pony bought three pairs of Batman socks. We were both feeling kinda slow and low, but our excursion managed to perk us up just fine, and we came home and cooked up some pancakes, watched some Project Runway and played some k-pop drinking game to remind ourselves that life isn't all depressing. Not when there are singing, dancing, ridiculously attractive k-pop starts at the press of a button.


She moved out today in a short but hectic mess of boxes, bags and fluff, and now I'm hanging out on my own in the apartment, trying to finish up some TEFL stuff before I go to bed. It's not even 8 p.m., and I feel exhausted. Pony's room gives off an echo. It's some seriously depressing stuff. I feel like I can't concentrate on anything, and that I'd much rather just go take a nap for a bit, but I need to get this stuff done to not feel like I'm drowning in assignments for next week.

I'll make myself some dinner and force myself to perk up a bit. Pony's only 200 steps or so away, the two TEFL assignments can be breezed through tonight if I apply myself, and things will look better in the morning. They kinda have to. Sometimes there are setbacks in the process, but the only way they'll be less of a problem is if I pick myself up, dust myself off and just buckle down and get going on what I'm supposed to be doing. Make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment