Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

On awkward drunks and grumpiness

I've never really understood why people are so anti Mondays. I'm personally far more anti Thursdays. They're almost the end of the week, so you're tired, yet they're still followed by Friday, so you know that you can't rest anytime soon. Friday too, for that matter. I guess the reason that people don't dislike Fridays is because they can do stuff. I mean, not everyone parties on Fridays. Some people party on Mondays, as I've witnessed at work.


Today was one of those really slow days, where nothing really happened, no-one really came to the restaurant and I spent way too much time just standing around, staring at the clock. A small group of friends or coworkers showed up around 5 p.m. for after work. They started out nice, and the guy in the group started out being really friendly and chatty. Fast forward to around closing time when all three are sloppy drunk, the guy's initially kind chattiness has morphed into drunken attempts to flirt ("Hey, hey, this may sound weird, but are you a model or anything? Because I saw this picture of a girl... and she has like your nose... and your eyes... and your hair... and your face..."), two have made out with each other and everyone's upset. Awkward.


I mean, I've been sloppy drunk before, no problems. But as far as times and places go, getting sloppy drunk at a restaurant on a Monday isn't maybe the classiest thing ever. Keep in mind, silent readers, that your waitstaff is acutely aware of all the drunken things you do and aren't afraid to tell the world.

I had coffee with Knives Chau yesterday, even though I initially really wasn't feeling it. I tried to cancel, at which point she hounded me on the phone, even offering to come to my place just to hang out, so I decided to be a big girl and go hang out for a bit, even if I was in a terrible mood. As expected, my terrible mood was significantly lifted, and it just goes to show that most things I think are a terrible idea when I'm grouchy and having period cramps probably aren't as terrible as I think they are. Hanging out with Knives is never a bad idea though. I should keep that in mind.

What I'd much rather do on the first day of my period.
Man, periods suck. I mean, I guess they suck less than the alternative of being pregnant, but still. It's crampy, makes me feel bloated and super uncomfortable. I wish evolution had thought of a better way to deal with it. Whatever. As long as I have the ultra delicious barley drink thingie from Hong Kong that Hemingway keeps feeding me, which is pretty much liquid crack in how addictive it is, I can get through these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment