Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

On legging hate and legging love


Leggings are not pants. This has been one of my mottoes for years. I've not so much hated leggings as wanted to impose some good fashion sense into the people who wear leggings in the wrong way, which I up until fairly recently thought was every way.


Then I started thinking about what I wear on a regular basis. Skinny jeans. Shorts and tights. Body conscious stuff. I think my body looks fine in these things, so why not take the plunge into Legging Land? Are they wrong because they're more comfortable? I've been thinking about ordering from ModCloth once my salary comes along, and lo and behold! Two of the items I want to order are leggings. I never thought I'd live to see the day, my silent reader friends, but these leggins are totally cute.



Out of sheer surprise for my new-found anti-hate of leggings, I started googling around to see if this was a clearly ModCloth related legging love incident or if I'd somehow gotten bitten by the Legging bug. Turns out, it was far worse than I'd expected - there are leggings out there that are fucking magical.








I'm a little perplexed about all of this, as it kinda rocks my world image. I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it - but it needs to be a pretty damn special kind of legging, or I'm not playing. Just wait until the 25th, and we'll see what happens. Maybe this means I should look over my other life mottoes too. Maybe I should just stick with the most important one.

"Don't give a fuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment