Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

On carb loving and twin missing

I could never go on a low carb diet. Never ever. I love carbs much too much. Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar... all this stuff is magical. The other stuff surrounding it is secondary. Carbs are where it's at. It's funny how people are so different in what they thrive on eating. Pony can't fill up on carbs at all, for instance. She sticks to protein, whereas I couldn't be less bothered about that stuff. It's probably down to workout habits and stuff, but I just can't understand people who cut it out of their lives completely.


That being said, I'm far from the healthiest person you'll ever come across. I really don't care too much about eating a balanced diet. I just kinda assume I am, vaguely, as long as I don't get sick. I'm kinda banking on my work meals at the restaurant filling out any nutritional gaps I may have.


My body doesn't always agree with me on the questionable things I put inside it. One of these things, to my great sorrow, is chocolate. I love chocolate. I thrive off it. I can eat it all day every day. That being said, it will fuck up my face. 100% guaranteed to have me sprouting pimples for the next week. Big painful ones too. It's horrifying. I know that studies say that there's no correlation between chocolate as such and acne, but my angry skin and I protest this. That being said, there's no way I'm laying off chocolate. Chocolate is my heroin.

I'm really hormonally bound to food. I eat a little bit like a snake - sometimes I'm hungry and eat all the time, and other times I'm completely disinterested in food and hardly want to even go near it.

Ugh, I wish I knew how to construct patterns properly. I've been in a massive sewing- and designing mood lately, but Jesus Christ monkey balls, patterns you can buy in the store are massively boring. After seeing the rather successful finale of the latest season of Project Runway, especially Alexandria's collection, there's nothing I'd rather devote my time to than my sketchbooks and sewing  machine. I need drop crotch pants. I need them desperately.

And I need a cap with feathers, desperately.

I haven't been able to shop for anything I've wanted for months. I'm getting my first full paycheck on Friday, and I've missed shopping so much. Obviously I'm still saving for stuff, so I'm not going to go full crazy person-mode, but I haven't been able to get myself anything nice for such a long time. I wish Yanyan was around to hit the stores with me. I miss him. While Pony and I overlap in our aesthetics every now and then, we're fundamentally different in what we like. I wish I had a shopping buddy who was 100% my taste. At times like this, I wish I had an identical twin or clone. We'd wreck havoc on the world, but we'd look stellar while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment