Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

On the world being a total dick today

You know, I wish my mood would stabilize for once. It's like every other day is really shitty, and every other is really nice. Today was definitely a shitty day. It started out nice, with a trip to a children's theater with my sister-in-law and her daughter, but then we got talking about my parents during lunch and I just ended up feeling really low about everything. I went out to have coffee with the Puppy and ended up bawling at Espresso House. Seriously. It was awkward. The suit guy next to us seemed to not know whether he should change seats or give me a hug too.

And then, I dropped my phone while walking to work, smashing my display and generally ruining any chance of happiness I had for the day. Fuck. You know the kind of day when you just want to go back to bed and hope it was all a bad dream? Yeah, I had one of those. Worst day ever.





Being without a phone makes me feel like I'm isolated on this stupid little island that I can't get off and no-one can get to. I need one, I really do. It's like being trapped in the 90s or something. I don't even own a wrist watch, not to mention how the fuck I'll wake up tomorrow without my phone alarm. That beer with Knives Chau on Saturday? How will that happen? I found my old phone, but not my old charger, so that doesn't really help either. It's like the world's punishing me for something. Stupid world.

Hemingway showed me Taobao last night, which I'm guessing is a little bit like finding God for religious people. Ridiculously cheap knock-offs (and some legit stuff too) of brands I've been swooning over for years without having the capital to get. Comme des Garçons shirts. Yohji Yamamoto pants. Boy London tees. Fucking Black Milk leggings! Of course it's all in Chinese, and I don't know what shipping from Taiwan is like. But oh, all the stuff that I want! And all the stuff I can't have! </3

No comments:

Post a Comment