Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

On hangovers and nice people



Because kids, don't drink when you're in a bit of a weird emotional state. Sloppiness will happen. It won't be pretty. Fun, but not pretty.


Long story short - went out last night, got completely hammered, stumbled in through the door at like 3-4 a.m. totally obliterated. I haven't been that wasted in ages. Fuck being a responsible adult.

Friday could've been an absolutely terrible day, just like Thursday, but it managed to skate by. I went for coffee with Garbo to get a load off my mind, and while waiting for her I ordered a hot chocolate, only to find that I didn't have the funds on my card to get it. Super awkward. Then, just as I figured I'd wait for her to come by so I could borrow her phone, this random coffee buyer goes "Put it on my bill. I'll take care of it."

My reaction at overly kind strangers.
And all I can really do is to look at him like he's some sort of alien and go "Uh... for real?" and of course a never ending stream of thank yous before he left the coffee shop. I guess that just goes to show that people aren't all cold and horrible in Stockholm, or at least not as cold and horrible as I think they are after having a rough few days. I've gotta pay this forward sometime. Buy some poor unhappy person a hot drink for no other reason than out of the kindness of my heart.

I went by work yesterday evening as well, because I was bored and wanted to sit somewhere where I could read my manga and drink a beer in peace and quiet. I ended up being given the beer for free, as well as a huge platter of sushi by Shan and the other waitresses, and life felt pretty good. It's a really nice place to just hang out at, I've noticed, and the people who work there are kinda almost like family, in that you can go there and everyone will be really nice to you, yet leave you alone when all you want to do is chill.


But yeah, things generally don't feel great. An hour of ugly-crying in the bathtub yesterday kinda cemented that. I feel really heavy. Obviously not all the time, but it's been an emerging pattern lately and it's worrying me a bit. I'm going to just go ahead and give it some time. I've been a bit unenthusiastic about posting lately, and for that, silent readers, I'm sorry. Things should pick up soon. I mean, there's only so much of the weird shit I can take at work before the overwhelming need to tell the world appears. Work feels like a good thing, evidently, since I go there even when I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment