Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

On new bands and new happiness

Yesterday was a good day, just as predicted. New experiences and new bands have left me with one of those calm yet buzzing feelings in my chest of being content with what life's just thrown my way.



I blew off everything I figured I'd do yesterday to spend the day with Hemingway before he left Stockholm again (staying only 36 hours), leaving for Hong kong and Singapore for 3 weeks for another work-related trip. It was bittersweet of course, glancing at the clock every now and again seeing the minutes tick away to when he'd have to leave, yet it made me very happy that he'd choose to spend his only day in the country with me. After he'd left I was kinda melancholic, glad that I'd seen him and sad that it would be another 3 weeks before it would happen again, but Y said that my face looked like someone had pulled curtains from it and that my entire countenance was lightened and smiling. Having someone show so openly that they enjoy you and your company is a pretty new experience to me. My friends have all always joked that I'm an idiot magnet, and mostly that's been true, so meeting someone who treats you well is a welcome change. People like Hemingway are rare. I really feel like I want to hang on to him.

I spent the evening with O at Lilla Hotellbaren watching a gig with a South Korean indie band called Wagwak, which I've gotta say was time well spent. They have a really great sound, it makes me want to get in a car and whiz away down the highway in sunglasses with the wind through my hair.



They were totally adorable too, and seemed like really nice people. "Come closer, we are harmless!", "We're staying in Stockholm how, so if you see us, come say hi! We hang around here mostly, at cafes...", "We have face page, so like please... and we are happy!". They had a cool style as well, so I for one kinda felt like stalking out the area around Medborgarplatsen, hoping to make friends with them.

Anyways, I feel refreshed with the combination of a good day and a good find. Wagwak make me long for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment