Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

On smelly dreads, childishness and Crystal Castles

Am I being stingy when I get really annoyed that Pony's girlfriend ate the last pieces of bread that I'd saved so I'd have toast in the morning? Maybe it's just me being hungry and annoyed, but now I have to get dressed and go to the store. Woe is me and all that. Was looking forward to spending my Sunday lazily listening to Crystal Castles and reading up for my thesis.

Oh, because I totally saw Crystal Castles live in Globen last night with some friends, and it was friggin' awesome.



I was eternally grateful that Max had the foresight to figure that Sand and I are irresponsible children and bring not only ear plugs for everyone but also cash for the coat check. First time meeting his girlfriend too, which Sand and I joked must've made hell of an impression. "Max, can I borrow some cash from you?" "Ooh, Max, are those ear plugs? I forgot mine!" "Sorry I'm late, I'd totally forgotten to print my ticket!"
The ear plugs especially. The music was blaring. At first we were kinda far out on the left, which set us in front of one of the speakers that must've had a problem with the bass or something, because it was loud! Even physical. You'd feel the beat against your chest (I felt it vibrate my hair and Max told us after that it vibrated his nose wings even), and it drowned out most of the rest of the music. Most of the songs are filled with yelling/loud singing, but it was hard to make out singer Alice Glass's voice over all of it. A lot of their budget seems to have gone to lighting - fuuucking hell, those lights were bright. The first two songs I couldn't even really look at the scene because my eyes kept tearing up. It was hard to see much of the band at all most of the time because of being back-lit, but I fell in love with Alice Glass and her most amazing lavender page haircut (which Max happily pointed to and went "You guys match!". Oh the happiness!). She was cool as hell. She was dancing like crazy, crowd-surfing and I want to be just like her when I grow up. I mean, she's only a year older than me too, which makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing with my time.

The very essence of Don' t give a fuck.
But people can't behave for shit at concerts here. When she was crowd-surfing, the crowd actually dropped Alice Glass at one point (oops), and the second time people started shoving and something happened so like 30 people fell in some sort of domino effect. Looked a little like the aftermath of a bomb detonation. Maybe Crystal Castles just party too hard-core for Sweden, or swedes just don't know how to be hard-core in a non-retarded way. A group of tiny girls started a mosh-pit right in front of us, and while I'm sure that was fun for them - time and place. Don't jump on other people who aren't participating or take up a ridiculous amount of space doing so. Geez. Back the fuck up if you want to go ape-shit, just don't do it on me. Also get your hair out of my face. Really, if you're hair's really big and you're going to a concert, put it the fuck away.



Also basic hygiene, people. Especially you with the nasty-smelling dreads. You kept whipping them in our faces for most of the evening, and if you're going to do that at least have the decency to wash them first. Seriously, it smelled like something crawled up and died in them. Gross. Also, what was with every single person with dreads at that gig dancing by shaking their heads back and forth so that their dreads flew around like a dirty mop, smacking everyone within even a reasonable distance? And to the guy with the extremely smelly sweatshirt - wash that shit. The amount of smelly people at this gig was insane.

Apart from that, Sand and I stood around joking about how everyone looked exactly the same. Same clothes from Weekday/Cheap Monday and/or 90s fashion, same side fringe... seriously, like 80% of the people at the gig had a side fringe, myself and Max included. Lots of fun hair though. I saw several hair-twins which was cool.



Anyways, I'm off to got through my room in the hopes of finding the money I got from the sleep deprivation study. Can't believe I actually lost it somewhere, and it's annoying the crap out of me. I complain a lot about not having any cash, and then get really expensive projects into my head, and then when I actually do get money, I lose it. I really am a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment