Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

On sad songs and lonely nights

Damn, this song is addictive, and the video is so beautiful it gives me shivers.



Also having had a very dear friend who committed suicide, it hits painfully close to home, although that's not really what I want to talk about right now.
Late night in school, one of many to come in the next few weeks probably. It's good to throw myself into work completely sometimes. Keeps my mind from wandering all the way to Hong Kong. There's something really restful about a place of work that by day is bustling with activity, but at night is completely still. I very much prefer sitting here at night - I'm probably more of a night person generally. Also I can listen to whatever I want out loud, which is always nice.

Going home at night feels a little double-edged. I don't have any specific reason for not wanting to go home, but sometimes I just don't. Some nights I just wish I could spend walking around the city, going nowhere, doing nothing. How come it's OK to take time off to rest when your body is tired and sick, but it's embarrassing or un-cool to do the same thing when it's your mind? Where are our mental sick days?

No comments:

Post a Comment