Pages

Sunday 31 March 2013

On the universal language of fashion - Project Runway Korea S1E5

Ever since our Easter break started, this has been me.



Not really, but you know. Yesterday was the third evening in a row I had beer at some point or another. I don't plan these things, they just happen. It's like people can smell when I have a bit of time off and pounce on me with alcoholic beverages. Ah well, it's not like I get piss drunk and sing karaoke, it's just beer with friends, but I did feel pretty ridiculous coming home yesterday, going "Hey G! Just got back from beer." and he goes "Again?". Yes, again. Staying in tonight, we're cooking together and watching something ridiculous.

Today's also Hemingway's birthday, and obviously I'm kinda upset I can't celebrate it with him. This whole distance thing is really tiring and it's putting me in a bit of a shitty mood. I mean, I was told that one of the perks of having a boyfriend would be to actually have one, not just to chat with a cute one an entire continent away. Of course he's got to work, and it's not his fault, but I feel lonely and a bit stranded. Ah well. It'll work out in the end. Until then, I'll distract myself with Easter candy and Project Runway Korea.
So it was one of those 'make something to suit this collection made by someone famous'-challenge. Everyone looked like they were freaking the fuck out at the concept of making something (sportswear? Swimwear?) for what I'm assuming is Lee So-ra's S/S 2009 collection. After sketching and consulting, team leaders were picked - Cho-rong, Jae-eun and Myung-shin. As far as I could tell they were only given 12 hours for the challenge, so hold on to your hats folks, this might be a disaster.

Every time I watch any installment of Project Runway, I always fall madly in love with all the huge fabric stores - both Mood and this one in the Korean version. There's just nothing like it in Stockholm. In the Swedish version they went to a place in Stockholm that I know and frequent, but it's just nowhere close to the same scale as these places appear to be, nor does it have a fraction of the stuff. All the stores on the show are like fabric heaven. So jealous.

Take me to this magical place!
I wish I knew what all the Hye-jung drama was about. What's up with her trying to leave? Is it because she was picked last for teams? I mean, she's not particularly popular, but geez. I wish I knew how to speak Korean. I love how everyone's just going with a blank stare when she's packing up, like none of them can believe their eyes. Gotta love Jae-woong trying to pry her toolkit from her hands and drag her back into the workroom. And he's not even on her team. Is it because he said something after judging last episode? Does he feel guilty? Again, I have no idea what he actually said or if he should even feel anything, but it's interesting to see all the same. He seems like a pretty good guy all in all. I feel for all of them though - crazy amounts of stress and tension combined with probably very little sleep and a lot of work, no wonder people have no patience. It's not fair on your teammates to freak out like that and try to leave though. You can do that shit on your own time, but when you have people counting on you, it's just not fair.

Speaking of letting the pressure get to you, what was Jae-min flipping his shit before the runway show about? Yeah, Jae-woong's pants did have a serious case of crazy crotch, but he was going into like a flying frenzy. Probably not too confident after having been on the bottom a few times, but calm your tits...

Oh man, Jae-min, I want that so bad! Gimme gimme gimme.
...because your mini collection was really good. Myung-sin's pants were to die for and Jae-woong's stuff looked super cool and comfortable all at once, but damn it, I wanted to reach through the screen and pull Jae-min's model's clothes off and keep them for myself (except for the weird slashed back thing...). A cohesive, well-thought out collection of training clothes that look cool and functional at the same time. People keep saying that sweatpants are OK to go out in - if they look like this then yes. In all other cases, no, no and hell no.

Not a bad attempt but yawn.
This is a bit too much orange for any human being to ever need I think. Also not crazy about Jae-eun's strange 70's inspired sleeves there. Also lace with jersey makes me think of old ladies who want to look sassy but comfortable, and that's not a good thing. Woo-kyung's bikini was awesome.

Oh boy.
Oh you guys. Didn't you get the memo on cohesion? These looks look nothing like each other, and they don't look very fashion forward either. I like Yong-seop's short-sleeved hoodie, but those shorts look bulky and Seung-hee, what the hell? I really don't get that top. Really don't. So I don't think it was all that fair that Cho-rong got sent home (especially not after seeing her face just as runway started - dark circles of doom), because that bikini wasn't horrible. The weird robe/snuggie thing kinda was to be honest, but I don't know. I'll just chalk it up to being a less successful team leader.

Aww, Yong-seop s sad face. (.__.)
Unfortunate really, seeing as she's made pretty interesting stuff in the past. Ah well, not a horribly big loss. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment