Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

On watching Project Runway obsessively, S11E7

I am the king of procrastination. Don't believe me? Today I fixed the keyboard on my laptop. How that counts as procrastination you wonder? Well, it's been broken for like over a year. I've been lugging around a huge extra keyboard that seriously looks ridiculous (and eventually also broke a bit, making it look even more ridiculous), when I finally bought a keyboard off Amazon on Sunday for like £15, had it delivered to my door and then installed it in a matter of 10 minutes. This took me a fucking year.

And it's not like it was broken in a way that I wouldn't notice either. Every time I typed an n or an h, it came out nh, and the same thing happened with b and g. I couldn't even use the ctrl button on the left side, and whenever I'd press esc it would trigger caps lock and the other way around. I'm actually thoroughly impressed with my own amazing laziness.

How I perceive myself.
I love doing computer related things that are easy, but look complex, like taking a computer apart to change a piece or install something new. Makes me feel a little like Lain from Serial Experiments Lain, or some kind of super-cool hacker or something. The best part is when someone asks if it was hard and you can tell them it wasn't in a pretty off-hand way that makes it seem like it in fact was hard, but you're just so damn awesome that it wasn't hard to you. Am I over-thinking this? Most likely. But what can I say, I'm super shallow.

Speaking of shallow, this week's Project Runway left me feeling angry, confused and utterly saddened. This week was all about prom dresses made out of the Duck brand duct tape, which was introduced by Heidi and a duck named Frank on the runway. "Oh my god, what's that?!" Layana gasped when the silhouette of the duck was clearly visible. Herpaderp. Anyways, on to the winning look.

A nice job, all things considered.
Now I have a hard time standing both Michelle and Amanda, but now they're both going to be super annoying. While the dress was really cool and I thought the way the prints were matched was awesome, I didn't want to like it because I really didn't like them. Did I say I was shallow? Yeah, I'm pretty damn shallow. It was better than a lot of things on the runway

Like this.
There is no way that this weird jellyfish dress scored the highest at that high school. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. This coddling with Patricia is driving me insane! I can't stand it. At all. The fit feels really off too, look at the bust. And the way Chris Benz talked about how 'connected to nature' it felt, I felt like throwing up.



Seriously, it was just so bad. I agree with Tu when he called it a Wonder Woman costume. I'd never wear that to prom or anything prom-like. Pony kinda liked it, but I just felt provoked and angry. Once again I found myself wondering what the judges smoke. Is that why they like Patricia? Is she supplying them with peyote?

Oh. So. Boring.
What is up with Stanley and making dresses that have this weird in-between length that is unflattering for pretty much anyone? And I mean, this was wildly over-praised. It's so done and boring. Everyone's seen a dress just like that a million times. "Ooh, he made a petticoat" Yeah, an ugly-ass petticoat that you didn't like. Yawn yawn yawn.

OH GOD MY EYES.
Retro Barbie anyone? Oh Richard and Daniel, you can be so amazingly vulgar at times, it's just nasty. A dress all in gold? A weird dated silhouette and all those ruffles?! What were you thinking?

Fuck you judges, this was so not the worst.
This just makes me sad. Tu and Kate both eliminated! Now granted I didn't give much of a crap about Kate, but Tu. TU! TU BABY COME BACK! </3

I was really sad to see them both kicked out for a dress that while it wasn't the most exciting, it wasn't bad. I would've loved to see a collection done by Tu, and I thought Kate was a welcome distraction from all the stupid bickering. So disappointed with the judges actually. I can see that they would have issues with Tu not standing up to Kate and letting her take all the decisions, but there are so many people who deserved to go home more than him. I feel like I've lost a bit of my reason to watch (although to be honest and less overly dramatic, the same thing happened when Kooan left in season 10, I was heart-broken). I've disagreed with the judges in the past, but this past season I feel really let down by them. It's like it's not even about fulfilling the challenges anymore, as much as it is to suck up to them. There's no room for individual creativity and that seriously sucks. Pick up the slack, Project Runway, I'm angry with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment