Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

On the universal language of fashion - Project Runway Korea S1E2

Only because Dongho looks like a spoiled bratty rich kid and I love that.
Asia Nonstop are having an under 18's k-pop party to calm down all the whiny minors who hang around their facebook page (seriously, calm your tits!), and have decided to base it on Maknae, Korean for the youngest members of boy bands (the 'baby' of the group). A fun idea, and Pony and I are thinking of going, although I've gotta say I'm a little apprehensive about spending a whole lot of time with people that young. I remember me as a teen. I can't say I'm in much of a hurry to relive those days. All that boundless energy that they all seem to have just tires me out. Move over kiddos, granny here wants to rock out.



Changmin really is purdy though.
They set up a poll on facebook to vote for your favourite (which Pony and I spent part of the morning debating). I voted Dongho from U-KISS, while Pony went with Changmin from TVXQ, which is just cheating because he's hardly a baby at 25. Damn, Maknae make me feel like a dirty pervert. Anyways, Big Bang's Seungri did get a fair share of votes as well, so I decided to google him because apart from TOP and G-Dragon, the rest of Big Bang doesn't really do all that much for me and I was unsure about which one he was. I started typing his name and the words Sex scandal! showed up, which of course peaked my interest. Most of the time these alleged sex scandals are really sketchy on the details and pretty much boil down to "OMG, this star had sex at some point with some person! Waaah!", like really famous 20-something guys won't take every opportunity that comes their way to get laid.

Oops.
This does make Seungri out to be a bit of an asshole though, if it's true. Then again, with the anti-Korean sentiments floating around in Japan and the fact that this tabloid seems to have a really bad reputation, it's probably easy to figure that it's not true. Anyways, one-night-stands with the famous guy being a bit of a dick to the girl is probably really common, kinky sex or not. He's probably no worse than most stars out there. It does make thinking of him as a cute little Maknae harder though. Never mind, he was never my favourite.

Oh yeah, Project Runway! I'd almost forgotten about that. This episode the designers chose fabrics depending on what was on their model, and were told to make an outfit for some Korean star I have no prior knowledge of. Everyone collectively flipped their shit though, so I'm guessing it was someone big. I'm not that well-versed on girl pop stars outside of 2NE1 or Girl's Generation yet, but I'm working on it. Starting as always with the best.

Not a big fan, actually.
Congrats on the win, super cute Sang-euk, but I'm sorry, I don't agree. When you were called to talk to the judges I was sure you would be in the bottom, and I was worried. While I totally understand that the print wasn't something you had anything to do with, it's just garish and ick. The neckline could possibly be interesting in itself, but I still don't get it. I'll let you get away with it for being so darn adorable though.

Nightshirt with a bathrobe?
I do kinda like this look from Jae-woong, but I can't say I get it really. The dress portion looks like lingerie and the hood looks like something you'd wear at the beach. That being said, it has an interesting flow and while I dislike the lace and those horrible spaghetti straps, I think it was a pretty cool idea. Middle field people...

Where are her skates?
Jae-min is growing on me, personality-wise. While this dress has its moments, like the chiffon trail-thingie, it looks like a figure skating outfit to me. Don't like the collar. Makes me wonder where her skates are when she hits the runway. Next stop, winter Olympics.

Almost an Uli Herzner dress, only less flattering.
For some reason I kept thinking Uli's 20's challenge on Project Runway All Stars when I saw this, only Uli's was way better. Ugh, the fit. Eww, the shawl.

What that dress wishes it could be.
Rompers rock.
Myung-sing made a crazy-pants romper, which although that orange is making me sad (even though it's not her fault) was refreshing and different. The hat is clearly insane.

Pajamas ahoy!
I'm beginning to seriously wonder where their celebrity is going. Evening wear? Rompers? Pajamas?!

What s the deal with the collars, Korea?
No matter where she's going, scarf choker collars seem to be all the rage. The shape is different though. Can't decide if it's an 'ooh' or 'eww'-different though.

The dress is fine, the shrug looks like something she wrestled from a cat.
The dress is flattering and really cute. The shrug... well... Eww.

Too short, too shiny and too much use of those goddamn spaghetti straps.
Oh boy. A lingerie-styled super short dress with a super shiny corset piece and a shiny shawl? Brb, going to try to drown myself in my tea cup to get away from the twitch-inducing ick that is this dress. This should've been on the bottom. Speaking of which, here they are.

Watch out, there s a malfunctioning shredder somewhere.
Oh Seung-hee, what happened? I liked your other stuff, I really did. This is just unfortunate. Why does your dress have stab wounds? Were you as frustrated making it as I was watching it?

A whole bunch of underwear.
I don't get this. At all. I don't get how she could stick around with it either - it looks poorly made and the taste level is just super off. If this is a stage outfit then I can kinda get an idea of what direction she wanted to take it, but it's hideous.

Last week s spacey and awesome turned into science fair and cheap-looking.
I did say that Hong-bum was someone to watch out for last week, and I still think so, but he really didn't do himself any favours with this look. And the collar again! As far as I could understand he'd made the earrings too, which makes sense, seeing as they're out of this world in terms of craziness.

An (un)interesting mix of curtain and laundry bag.
So it's time to say annyeong to our favourite Disney step-mother look-alike Eun-jeong. This is what Christian Siriano would call a 'hot tranny mess' if I ever saw one. It looks super cheap, and the rolled fabric looks lazy and unrefined. I have no idea why she bunched up the skirt like that, it makes it look like the model is wearing a shiny bag. To pair it with what appears to be lace too? Eww. Just eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment