Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

On teen-like adults and dodging friends

 
I feel weird about adults who over-share their relationships on facebook. It's one thing if you're a teen - teens are pretty much required to be obnoxious, but if you're in your 40s and you're still going on every single day about how much you love your husband or how happy you are, I'm beginning to think you're overcompensating. Not everyone wants to see your cutesy messages to each other or hear the stories about how you fell madly in love. I don't want to have to go through the trouble of blocking you, setting the news feed settings to 'Only Important' should allow me to escape the sickening lovey-dovey crap, so stop updating about it five times a day. You post too much.

While on the subject of stuff that pisses me off - WordPad. TEFL insists on sending their shit in that format, and it doesn't autosave, so there's no way to restore it when my relic-of-a-computer overheats and shuts down. I just lost a whole bunch of work that I'd done yesterday and today over that. I mean, even OpenOffice stuff can recover documents, and that stuff's free. Yes, I should know from school that there's no better thing in the world than saving your work every now and again, but it's human to forget. This just happens a bit too often to not get really fucking raging about it. Fuck. Anyways, I guess there's not much to do about it other than start over, but that's not going to stop me from whining and complaining for a bit.
I went over to my brother's house yesterday to hang out for a bit, which was really nice. In a way, since they're much older, my siblings are like extra parents that I can go to when things aren't working out the way they're supposed to. We hang out in a really relaxed way, eat some dinner, play some games and talk about everything and anything, and then I go back to mine feeling refreshed. While I was there, O called asking if I wanted to hang out with him and Max today to have dinner or something. I felt a bit stressed, since I don't want to say no to O or alienate him, but on the other hand I kinda need to stay home and do my TEFL assignment. Sand wants me to come to her place tomorrow (texting me like three times), and I just feel like everyone's pulling me in every direction. I feel bad for not wanting to oblige, but I don't know if it's better for my sanity to not go. Maybe I'm just making up excuses, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment