Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

On awkward parties and overly attached cats

The get-together at Sand's place last night was fun, albeit weird. I felt like showing up with the good thing to do, as it made Sand really happy, and also Knives Chau was there. I haven't seen her since school ended, but she's been kinda in the same state as I have, so I don't think any of us have really had the energy or willpower to do that much at all. It was so nice seeing her though, I'd really missed her. O and his boyfriend showed up for a bit, but left pretty quick, probably because O's gastritis was acting up again. Then Knives and her boyfriend disappeared out on the balcony to have a serious talk for at least an hour, which made everyone feel really weird. We all know Knives' boyfriend, he went to school with us too, so why he'd have such a hard time just being a nice guy for a few hours and not bring personal problems out into the open I don't know. None of them seemed too happy after their talk, and I felt kinda sorry for Sand who had wanted to go out. Things just fell kinda flat.
I really wanted to do some TEFL work today, but my tutor has yet to send me anything new, so I spent the day being amazingly unproductive, playing Torchlight 2 and just chilling. Tara the cat's been a mixture between super sweet and super annoying, being overly social and wanting me to give her attention every minute of the day. It's nice when she comes to lie on your lap and purr loudly, less nice when she's trying to crawl behind your back when you're sitting on a chair and then bites you in the side for not giving her space. G and I tried playing Torchlight together and had to throw Tara out several times for coming in, getting pissed that she wasn't receiving our undivided attention, and trying to eat the potted plants in his window as revenge. Once again feeling that dogs are the better
choice of pet for me.

 
I'm torn between going "Aaargh, you fucking cat, stop stalking me" and "Aww, you're so sweet and fluffy, lemme pet you!" on a regular basis. She spends her days either hanging out somewhere in the apartment where no-one can see her, or clinging to me like she's made out of Velcro. Now that I think of it, I guess that's a little bit similar to how Pony and I interact. I miss Pony, she's been away to her hometown for a bit to rest up, so I haven't seen her for quite a few days now. It's a quiet life of no Community or Project Runway, no k-pop blaring on the stereos or perving on blogs together, no cuddling or wrestling in the living room. It's kinda empty. G said he'd talked to her and that she was feeling better today, so I hope I get to see her back home soon. This year seems to have been really hard for just about everyone. I hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment