Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

On really awesome weekends

This is totally unrelated to everything else, and may just be all the Community I've been watching lately, but is it wrong to feel a little bit in love with SeƱor Chang/Ken Jeong?



Moving on, I can really feel my energy levels taking a turn for the better, and it feels really good. I want to get involved, have projects going and be productive, which I haven't really had the energy to do for ages. Even my room's clean, and that in and of itself is like a damn miracle. I'm even feeling a bit social too, so I invited The Puppy over to play The Last Of Us, which was completely off the hook. Seriously you guys, the attention to detail was fantastic. Every single building we entered was uniquely designed, and the in-game graphics were amazing. The game play in and of itself was pretty damn good too, so pick up a copy, people. Pony, The Puppy and I sat up drinking whiskey and playing until 3 am, being both enraptured with all the pretty of the game, and freaking the fuck out over scary zombies. To me, that's a hallmark of a good game - one you really don't want to stop playing. Like ever.
Today I spent two hours skype-ing with T, during which time I realized that all that watching anime and Japanese movies without subtitles with Hemingway was really paying off. Despite not having spoken Japanese seriously for a while now, it didn't take long to get back in gear and chattering away about everything and anything. I always feel so encouraged when I realize that I'm better at something than I thought I would be - it's one of those things that just makes you feel completely bad-ass. Pony seemed inspired and went off to find her own Korean pen-pal in order to practice her French and learn some Korean, and man, I want one too. "You can't have all the Asians," Pony told me. "You already have one and a half Asian languages, you don't need a third!" And true, I don't need a third, but I want one, being a language hoarder and all. Then again, I probably wouldn't have the time or energy to keep up with it, although I'd love to. I'll probably browse through the potential candidates, pick out some cool-looking people with an adorably shaky grasp of the English language, try to talk to them for a bit and then grow bored, like I tend to do.

Pony, G and I tied up what's been a really nice weekend by heading out to the beach near our apartment for a swim, in what was surprisingly warm water. We played around and acted like children, which no-one else around us did. How boring it must be to worry about image when you're out among others. Imagine how much fun they're missing out on. Geez.

I'm leaving you guys with some sweet k-pop that we've been dancing around the living room to, just to get you guys in a festive mood for the weekdays to come. Give crazy living room dancing a go, people. It's awesome.



Pony's way of describing this song was going "It's so corny! It's like the fashion equivalent of lolita fashion and fluffy slippers." All I could say about it was that she's in no position to judge me for liking super-corny Boyfriend anymore. Hah!





And an actual good band, just because: a) this song is awesome, and b) this dance makes me drool for being graphic perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment