Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

On crime and crime solving

Sorry for the lack of updating yesterday, I took a spontaneous last-minute trip to my parents' house to get spoiled rotten and fed proper food. It's been a restful couple of days, even though I'm constantly freezing at their place, rain or shine. I can't say I've done much, apart from hanging out in their garden and thought of life-altering decisions, such as how I'll cut my hair the next time I go to the hairdressers. It's a hard-knock life.

The one thing I don't really get, is how my parents don't really get Sherlock. I mean, how can you not like Sherlock? Or the Benedict Cumberbatch version of Sherlock? He's just awesome, seriously awesome.

Who needs to understand when he's wearing that shirt?
 Before going, I noticed that my mom's lack of emoticons in her messages make me think she's pissed off at me constantly. It feels ridiculous. When did we lose the ability to identify feelings without emoji?

ヾ(。 ̄□ ̄)ツ
Yesterday I spent several hours watching documentaries on crime and prisons. I get 'cravings' for stuff like that every now and again. Fall is generally the best time for serial killer documentaries, while prison documentaries can come pretty much whenever. I think this one was set off by reading over 100 last words from inmates executed in Texas on this site. Pony laughed when she saw what kind of documentaries I was watching, proclaiming me to have a fascination with 'bad boys' and 'tough guys', which is probably true. D just called me morbid and left it at that. I just find it interesting how much trouble young, angry and uneducated men can get themselves into. There's just so much violence, and you wonder where things went wrong, if there was any possibility to change any of them at some point. What if someone had reached out?

No comments:

Post a Comment