Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

On ghosts and other indoor activities

Holy crap, English grammar bores me to death. It doesn't really help either that my computer crashed and that the work I did yesterday went lost because Rich Text is a little bitch that won't recover documents. I need to get that stuff done today, and get my shit together.

I'm not a big fan of heat, and I kinda think it's way too warm outside now, but somehow I don't think that makes up for my not having been outside for days. There's just nothing I want to do outside, and no money to do it with, so I hide away in here and it feels awkward. I should be out enjoying my youth, but instead I'm inside enjoying youtube. It almost feels a little amoral, like Sweden only has a good few weeks of summer a year, and that I should be outside, making memories and all that crap.


Me? I sit inside with the ambition of getting things done with school work, and then it just gets pissed away on Scishow and silly ghost stories. At least Scishow's educational. Maybe it's one of those quarter-life-crisis that everyone keeps talking about. I should try to be more like this fish guy. When in doubt, always try to strive to be a fish who's got his act together.


I should block FreeCell on my computer while I'm at it too. I'm addicted to the stuff. Another thing I've apparently become addicted to is (claims of) first-hand reports of ghost stories, which I've read way too many of at this site, thus making me really fucking freaked out getting back from my friend's home tonight. I have a bit of a funny relationship with ghosts, in that I pride myself on being a rational person, but I'm still not convinced that ghosts don't exist.

I'm not sure I believe in so called intelligent hauntings, but I can't say I don't believe in residual hauntings, although possibly not as hauntings per se. Let me break it down for you.

I don't believe that time is linear, but rather that everything is happening at once, but in different 'layers'. I thought of this idea when I was a kid, and have since come to learn that it's one of the basic ideas of quantum physics. These parallel worlds are every single possible moment in time, in both this timeline and all the other timelines at once, and they're happening simultaneously. It may sound pretty trippy, but check this out.



Michio Kaku explains it much more eloquently than I ever could at about 3.30. What I mean by my statement that I believe in some sort of residual haunting is that I believe it's more a question of these parallel worlds overlapping slightly, like the metaphorical radio picks up the signals of another station, although only slightly. I mean, it's by no means a fool-proof idea, but it intrigues me. Physics mixing with the idea of supernatural occurrences, I mean, why not?

Doesn't stop me from getting freaked out though. Stupid ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment