Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

On party dissing and gaming joys

Sand is always on me about going out. "You need to get out! You need to see people and not just stay cooped up at home!", and her idea of not being cooped up is going out. Consistently. I don't mind going out sometimes, but the only times I really genuinly enjoy it is when I'm at K-pop parties with Pony. Last night I figured I'd be a decent person and go with Sand and a few of her friends to some outdoor party not too far from my old school. O was going to come too, but he ended up not feeling well and went home. I asked when they were going to show up, got a reply, answered that I wasn't staying long because I had a cat to look after, and went to wait for Sand and the others. And I waited and waited and waited. Finally I texted Sand wondering what the hell was up, and she answered (without a fucking sorry or anything) "We're still at home, I thought you weren't coming." Yeah, because that's why I asked when you were arriving, and told you I'd be there at all. I was seriously pissed off.

Annoyed monkey is annoyed.
Lately Sand and I don't seem to be communicating very well. She doesn't understand my being an introvert, and I don't understand why going out or doing something as opposed to just coexisting has to happen. It's kinda sad. I really like Sand, it would be nice if we could see eye to eye on stuff.
I biked from the cat's apartment back home today, and lemme just tell you that my lungs do not equate biking with jogging. I have exertion-induced asthma, which I've managed to keep in check with jogging, so I figured that "Hey, if I can jog five kilometers without much thought, I should be able to bike three kilometers, no problem." Oh boy, famous last words. I was on the constant verge of an asthma attack and felt like shit the entire ride. Ridiculous. I really miss going running, but lately every time I've been out running, my right foot has fucked up and I haven't been able to use it for like a week. I probably need better running shoes, but that'll have to wait until I manage to score a job. Until then I have to take it a little easier with the running I guess, which sucks. When I started running I never thought I'd come to like it as much as I did, but I've surprised myself with how great it feels to be out in a light drizzle and just feel strong and like endurance is totally your thing.

Anywho, I got home and then The Puppy came over to finish playing The Last Of Us, which ended up having a fucking fantastic ending. It may very well be the best game I've played ever, so if you still haven't checked it out, you totally should. I was in awe by the time we'd played through the whole thing. Beautiful scenery, mood-setting music and an amazingly compelling and believable story. Can it get any better? Man, I almost wish I could start over again. We spent a good chunk of time after having finished the game with looking at a whole bunch of concept art, which was so amazingly inspiring. It kinda makes me want to learn to do shit like this on the computer, because it can turn out so amazingly beautiful.







I always wonder how I'd do if I were put in one of these post-apocalyptic situations. I like to think I'd do pretty well, knowing pretty well how to handle myself in forests, and not having too much of a bleeding heart that could prove to be catastrophic in a zombie apocalypse scenario. I think I'd probably have a really fucked up psyche after it though, emotionally I'd be a trigger-happy mess, but I want to think that I'd survive. The question is if it'd be worth it, living if you're going to live as an emotional wreck, but luckily I probably won't have to learn the hard way. Until then, I'll just keep myself busy with just having it as a thought experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment