Pages

Saturday 6 July 2013

On staying in and buddying up

O called me today to ask if I had anything planned and wanted to hang out. Initially I was skeptical about picking up the phone, because I've been avoiding people from school for a while, due to being sick of everything that has anything to do with school. Then I decided that I don't want to isolate myself from O, no matter how much I don't feel like hanging out with anyone, so we decided he'd come over and watch a movie.

Pony joined us after we'd eaten dinner, and it was one of those nice low-key evenings that I really like. Sand chewed me out a few days ago for not doing things, and was a bit upset with me when I didn't want to go out drinking with her, but there's a difference between hanging out out among other people and chilling with some melon and popcorn watching a horror flick in my room. An evening where everyone's in the same relaxed mood, with roughly the same amount of energy, is pretty refreshing. No need to worry about... well, anything really. Normally, being introverted, hanging out in the company of a lot of people makes me tired, while this feels much more natural. Since O and I traveled to Japan together, we really became very comfortable with each other, and it's one of those things that I really don't want to miss out on, even if I go away. There are few people I'm so completely at ease around. I know I won't be judged for having hid from the world a bit, and that it won't be questioned as long as I don't decide to bring it up. The silent support is there, and it's a great feeling to know that you have something to fall back on.








I really wish everyone had a friend like that. It's so nice to feel that you just can be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment