Pages

Saturday 20 July 2013

On cats and distance


I've gotten myself a sidekick for the next two weeks - my friend's cat Tara. I'm staying at my friend's apartment for the time being, although I hope that I'll get the OK to bring her back to mine instead sometime soon. Then again, I need the acceptance of Pony and G first, seeing as when Tara was at our place last summer she ate the plants and scratched at the doors to come into peoples' rooms at night, annoying them. I sleep way too deep for any of that to bother me, but I can relate to it being a bit of a problem, especially since G is babying his chili plants on the balcony. Tara is currently pissed off at me for not being her owner, and is wandering around yowling at me, but she knows me from before and I have no doubt we'll be fuzzy friends again soon.
My period struck like some sort of battering ram, giving me pains of doom and catching me off guard. Looking for tampons in another girl's bathroom is just awkward, especially when you remember that your friend wasn't born a woman and thus is lacking the need to keep anything of the sort in her bathroom cabinets. You're left with the really uncomfortable position of the store being closed and having to just brave it out until you can go home in the morning. I'll hang out in a really warm bathtub and just hope that the cramps go away. I don't get why the reproductive system has to be such a bitch about stuff.

 

I got to video chat to Hemingway on skype today after he'd come back from a night out, and it's the kind of stuff that just makes it hit you how far away from each other that you are. It's one thing when you communicate through text or even talking each other on the phone, but when you actually get to see someone you really miss and not get to touch them, it sucks. It makes me think of prison stuff where the convicts meet their family and friends from behind a glass window. It's sad, and it just makes me think about how even though it was more than two weeks since he left, we haven't even come halfway. Shit. At this point I'm getting pretty used to the fact that he's gone half the time, but it doesn't make it any more fun or bearable. Then again, there's nothing to do in this situation. Hemingway needs to move around for work and because his family's in Hong Kong, and I plan on moving around too within not too long, so it's good to have the routine down for later.



Last night for instance, when I was freaked out over having read to many ghost stories, I really wish he could've been there for real to comfort me about it. Having him tell you online that "You shouldn't be a scared of ghosts, you're a ghost yourself!" is sweet, but I really wish I could've had him there. Same thing when I woke up this morning freaking out over a new school-related nightmare. This shit isn't easy, but hey, what's a girl to do? At least tonight I'll have some company, even though I'd rather have a panda in my bed than a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment