Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

On migrating pandas and packages

Today Hemingway left for Hong kong, and won't be back for a month. This means a month of being able to sleep in (assuming I don't magically land myself a job) without getting woken up by a certain someone tickling my feet, continuously prodding me going "Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby.", or (like he did this morning) flicking my teeth with his finger. I feel bad for biting him in my semi-unconscious state though, that was mean, but seriously, I love sleep. Sleep and I have a deep and meaningful relationship.

Although there's just no way I can be upset at someone who wakes me up by painting my toenails orange.
Of course, morning atrocities don't outweigh all the sweet stuff he does, like translating the Chinese subtitles to Jackal Is Coming because I wanted to see it, or making bubble tea for me, or all that other stuff that makes you fuzzy. I'll miss him. We had to hurry to get him on the bus to the airport on time, so we didn't even get a proper goodbye either. I wish I could've gone with him, but being literally broke, that's kinda out of the question. We agreed on 'next time' and I tried to think of what (outside of architecture) I might want to see there, only to find out that I know absolutely nothing about Hong kong, outside of roughly where it's located and what part of it Hemingway lives in. Time to wise up I guess. It's good to feel like you have something to do while waiting for someone. We've spent almost every single day together (when we've been in the same country, that is) since we first met, so whenever we're apart it takes me some time to adjust. I wouldn't go so far as to call it codependent, but I like having my panda around. Going to bed alone feels weird.

Ohhhhh.
My gloom was lightened a bit when I got home by a package from T, containing lots of manga. I'd asked him to keep an eye out for Shingeki no Kyoujin manga, and when he couldn't find it, he apologized and sent (apart from the usual five volumes of Gintama) the first volume of Bakuman, the first two volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist and two volumes of Termae Romae - a manga about a roman bathhouse. There's now no way I can keep up with all the manga I'm getting, being pretty slow at reading when it comes to Japanese. Again, it's like T has some sort of sixth sense for knowing when to send packages that arrive on the exact day that I need them to be cheered up.

The rest of the evening was spent with Pony, watching Community and sighing over Innocent World lolita dresses. We're girls with simple pleasures, I guess. Not terribly hard to please.

Somehow there always ends up being at least partial nudity involved when Pony and I hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment