Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

On being blessed by the k-pop gods

So I was going to write about something different today, but then it came to my attention that G-Dragon has released a new song (and video), and what kind of crazed fan girl would I be if I didn't use this space to gush all over it?



"What's up with his hair?" Pony and I started off by wondering.









"What's up with the creepy anime faces? What's up with the pink elephant head? What's up with the urinal? What's up with the square hat?" Eventually, after a few minutes of watching, Y just went "...you know what? G-Dragon is crazy. This just proves it, he's legit insane." There are just so many things G-Dragon does that shouldn't work. His million different hairstyles that he sports (much like the very yellow braids in One of a Kind) shouldn't look good on, well, anyone, and he pulls of pretty much every single one of them, looking damn hot doing so. He's also the master of pulling weird faces that also shouldn't look good, but still do. What's this face-sorcery? Where do I learn it? It's his way of looking both crazy, adorable and hot hot hot at the same time that gives him an aura that's different from other k-pop stars, and what really makes him stand out. And yes, I'm totally fan-girling over this, but can you blame me? He's only the coolest.



I wonder if he's trying to look like T.O.P on purpose here, because he totally does. (Pony just stopped by while I was finding a good picture of T.O.P, singing "T.O.P, dress less, we want to see you topless...")

Oppa! <3
All in all this video is completely insane, but in that Crayon-way that first got Pony and I involved in the state of near-constant G-Dragon-worship we're in (or at least I am). His sense of style and ingenuity when it comes to clothes is a serious source of inspiration to both of us, and the music's really great too. Everything's so over-the-top in just the right proportions to work and end up being really awesome. There's something about G-Dragon's music that just gets me so pumped up, and this song's no exception. I'm going to listen to it until my brain melts and runs out of my ears. It's going into every single playlist I'm getting my hands on. Whatever you guys do, listen to this on a good sound system or with headphones, because this song is sick.







And to think I was getting a bit bored of my music. I guess now it's time to thank the k-pop gods for giving us something new to piss off the neighbours with. Think I'm going to start right now actually. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment