Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

On the universal language of fashion - Project Runway Korea S1E8

So it's Friday and like the saddo I am, I'm hanging out at home in my room, not really doing anything in particular. Don't feel like doing much at all really. Stress is getting to me again, but I'm going to spend some time this weekend trying to get my shit together. I feel exhausted though, I think everyone in school does, and I'm going to sleep in tomorrow, drink lots of tea and go running. Then I'm heading into town to get Bioshock Infinite. I hope I'll be able to talk to T some as well, I haven't had the chance to talk to him for a week. It's been a pretty shitty few days. One thing that made me happy though was when Pony came into my room an hour or so ago and told me about how her friend (the one I hung out with at that party last weekend) has been telling people in their class that she thinks I'm really attractive. Pony had mentioned me to someone from school who'd responded with "Your roommate? Is she the one who's really hot?". Pony proceeded to describe me by saying "Imagine an androgynous Barbie", and now apparently I'm known as being the attractive foreign roommate who speaks Swedish with a funny accent. Felt pretty damn good.

My face when she told me about it.
Anywho, for now I'm finishing up my evening with some Project Runway Korea and curling myself up into a little duvet cocoon and mini-hibernating.

I 'm just gonna stay like this for a bit, OK?
Now that Jae-min is gone, the camera crew seem to have picked Yong-seop to stalk. Too bad he looks a little too much like my ex for me to enjoy is as much as I otherwise could've.

I like Yong-seop in this jacket, it really suits him.
So this week's episode was all about making outfits for ballerinas (which apparently didn't have to be something they'd dance in, which made me confused. Why pick women with bodies already like models if you weren't going to do anything related to what they actually do? Ah well), and I couldn't help but go "aww". How cute! Look at Woong-kyu practically wetting herself at the prospect. Yong-seop's face is priceless.

"Aww shit, do we have to?"
As a twist the ballerinas got to pick which designer they wanted to work with. It appeared that this was the sponsored make-up challenge, which should've made for some potentially interesting looks too (but ended up on the yawn-side of boring). I loved seeing Korean Tim Gunn stand beside the extremely French make-up artist with, I kid you not, the world's most ridiculous facial hair, nodding his head as some sort of bobble-head doll while Frenchie spoke the most French French imaginable, while looking completely lost and clueless.

Hye-jung really likes sucking up to French people apparently. Last episode Gilles Bensimon and this episode Frenchie. Maybe a smart way to score extra points, or just a chance to feel a little exotically continental? I have no idea. The others don't seem to give a crap, so it's probably no big deal. Y wasn't impressed with Frenchie at all. "Uuuugh take him away! That beard looks like someone shat on his face!" Yes, we're all extremely mature at my place. Come visit sometime.

Pretty.
I'm no fan of halternecks, but this dress was really pretty. The weaving, and just the fabric in general, was great. The colour is divine. Yong-seop did really well.

Disheveled 20s. I like it.
Seung-hee also made something really cool, mixing a retro 20's vibe with modern layering and draping. The result looks effortless and simplistically elegant. I'd wear it, no problem.

Also good, but I m not crazy about the seams.
"][/caption] Woo-kyung, happy to see you've pulled yourself out of whatever unfortunate hole you'd decided to crawl up in the past few weeks. While this isn't my favourite look out of all of them, it's certainly passable, even though I'm not a fan of the inside-out feeling personally.

Ugh.
"Eww! It looks like a dress made of flesh!" Y exclaimed when this thing walked down the runway, and I've gotta agree. It's like a mixture between a pig's skin and Barbie. And boo for picking a powdery pink, the most obvious colour in the world when doing anything ballet related. Yawn.

Jae-woong, what happened?
"][/caption] I didn't find Jae-woong's all that offensive actually. It had construction- and fit issues, but the idea seemed pretty solid and the colour was good. Not loving the neckline, but again, that's just my personal taste. Glad he didn't go home, I still think he has a lot to offer.

Dude. What. The. Hell.
So it's bye bye to Myung-sin, which is sad because she's one of the really talented ones. This look, however, doesn't say that at all. First of all, that jacket. "It looks like she has enormous saggy tits. And now that she opened the jacket it suddenly looks like she has tiny tits. What the hell?" Pony wondered as we were watching, and I can only agree. The top looks disastrous. What was she thinking with those black boob-bags? And the pants, geez. A bit of crazy crotch and just some all-around unfortunate mistakes. I'm sad to see Myung-sin go, but she had the obvious worse outfit this episode.

The amount of talent this installment of Project Runway has in comparison to the regular one is just ludicrous. So happy there are four seasons of it, hope it keeps up the quality now that the original has turned into a joke. Here I'm kinda rooting for everyone since they're all so good. Mostly Woo-kyung though, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment