Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

On laziness and internet make-believe friends

Went to my parents' house today (for like the third time in two weeks, what the hell? Normally it's like a weekend every two to three months, now all of a sudden I'm in and out of there all the time. Ah well) to see my sister Hannibal (not really her name) who lives way up north with her family. Don't get to see her all that often, so I took time off from writing my thesis to go hang out for a bit with her and her two sons (who are loud and boisterous, just like the rest of my family). She greeted me by saying "Wow, you look like a Thai Tom" (which I totally take as a compliment because androgyny is awesome) and "You look more and more Asian every time I see you", which to me is confusing because generally Asian people aren't 179 cm or sporting white hair. I don't get it, but I'll take those as compliments, Hannibal. Doesn't even matter if they were meant as compliments to start out with, I'm taking them as compliments. Kinda like hostages. Dammit, my train of thought derailed again.

Oops.
Anywho, came home a while ago ready to pull a motherfucking all-nighter to get this thesis shit done. I've gotten it all down in bullet points and now have about 17 hours to type it up. Gonna be fine. When it comes to essays I'm totally a last minute kind of person. My history essay for year one took a day, year two two days, and... well, you get the picture. We're given ridiculous amounts of time that I piss away sleeping or playing video games, and then pull something out of thin air at the last minute and get a pass without hardly having to try. I do this all the time. Done it since before high school. I just get essays, you know? I know how to write them and how to structure a text (although to be fair, it's probably be even better if I actually spent some time on it, but fuck it, who has time for that?), so I can produce a totally passable essay in a matter of days.



Gotta love MaxNosleeves. His procrastination skills are almost as bad as mine. So what if I'm lazy? I get stuff done... eventually, right?



Ryan Higa too. Seriously, how is it that he can look into my brain? I only do the pajama thing every damn weekend. The cheating thing was so me in high school. Right now? The dishes thing. "Uhm... yeah... I would, but it's just... I don't want to, so..."

I have a weird relationship to Youtube celebrities or famous bloggers or whatever in that since I follow them and watch their stuff every week, it feels like I actually know them and that we're somehow friends (which of course we're not). I especially get this with Jenna Marbles, probably because she reminds me a lot of my own friends and also because she seems so damn cool to be friends with. Anywho, I watch their videos and it feels like we're hanging out and I'm involved in what they do, which makes it feel kinda weird when I remember that no, in fact I don't know this person and they have no fucking clue who I am. Still, I like the feeling of make-believe friends. Kinda fun.

So yeah, anywho, snow's melting and I'm feeling really excited because that means I can go running again (which, after both Christmas and Easter, I desperately feel like I need). Totally breaking out Zombies, run! tomorrow after the hand-in, in the spirit of The Walking Dead and getting my ass in gear. I've been indulging my inner fat kid too long.



Just happy I'm not alone in all of it. I watched this Jenna Marbles video and even though it's nowhere near this bad, I really really really want to start exercising again. Fuck yeah, I feel pumped. Unless it's raining, in which case I'll whine and want ice cream. Dammit silent readers, hold me accountable!

Somehow this turned into a post where I show off my favourite Youtubers I guess. Hope you don't mind. Actually no, scratch that. Don't care. Gonna get on this thesis now. Like... now. Any minute now.

No comments:

Post a Comment