Pages

Sunday 16 March 2014

On awesome teachers and good moods

Pictured: the average restaurant patron.

I can't really seem to get my body to understand that it doesn't have to go back to work anymore. Over the past few days my brain's been going "Ugh, it's Monday soon. We all know what Monday means. Monday means work. Monday means crappy customers", and I have to remind it that "No, nowadays Monday means the same as every other day. Monday means lazily filling out some paperwork, eating lunch in your pajamas and watching Ancient Aliens in bed for shits and giggles". I like these Mondays better by quite a bit.
My mood's done such a huge turn since I quit my job. I feel happy almost all the time. Granted, I'm a bit tired today because I've been social pretty much every single day this week. It's voluntary, and with people I like as opposed to annoying customers, so it's like I'm in a bad place or so, but it's nice to have a few hours to sit around by myself in silence and just not give a shit. Of course, my body is picking today to give me cramps of motherfucking doom, but I've stuck one of those hot pillows you stick in the oven on my stomach and curled up around it, so at least it doesn't hurt like it did when it decided to wake me up at 8 a.m. this morning. I never used to have cramps at all, and now they've spread to my back, making it ache like crazy. Yay biology!


I didn't really get as much done today as I ideally should've. I burned my time on sewing and baking an enormous chocolate cake instead. Granted, the things I wanted to do were really just about getting papers together for the visa, but there's time for that as well. I'm still waiting for my junior high to respond. Might have to actually go over there in person on Monday and talk to a real person. It shouldn't be that hard to just write a statement of a few words on my behalf. I did survive their shitty school for three years. I should get some sort of recognition for that. At least both high school and Architecture school have been kind enough to do so. Man, my letter from Architecture school is amazing. It makes pretty much everything look like it was in English. I'm so psyched that our head teacher was a nice enough guy to make that all work out as perfectly as it did. Architecture school is filled with a whole lot of asshole teachers, but I'm glad that I seem to have a way of getting the good people on my side. They don't just help, they get excited and invest their own time and energy into your project, because that's what a good teacher is supposed to do, in my opinion. If I ever get a student I really like and they come to me for help, I just hope I'll be as cool about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment