Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

On space-time continuum and paper trails

So apparently my papers reached Tokyo on time. I got an email from my recruiter, but the tone of formality in the letter freaks me out a bit. "We would like to inform you that we have received your visa preparation documents. Your documents will be checked by the Instructor Recruiting section to verify that all information in your documents is accurate and acceptable to submit to the Japanese Immigration Bureau. This process will take approximately 10 business days. We will contact you via e-mail to inform you of any amendments or additional documents required. If additional information is required, please be sure to reply promptly to avoid any unnecessary delays." They're going to check all of the information? Maybe I shouldn't have put 'Current' on my restaurant job. Maybe I shouldn't have done a lot of things. Maybe all of this will implode, slowly. Maybe it'll all work out. No matter what the result, I feel completely unprepared, and I don't know of a way to make myself feel any less unprepared. It's just one of those things. You've been chased to the edge of a cliff. Now all you can do is jump (or fall) off of it, and hope that maybe, somehow, something will catch you or at least break the fall.


Mid-worries about everything, I've been steering clear from home. The reason is G. He's worried about a whole bunch of things, ranging from finding a replacement in the apartment, to his retoric course work, and when G gets anxious about things the apartment is flooded with this feeling of whiny self-pity that I just can't stand. The passive-aggressiveness of it all makes me annoyed to no end, and I find it incredibly unfair that he'll just let the atmosphere where three people live spoil because he isn't comfortable. He doesn't even really speak to me anymore, but just mutters under his breath and sulks in his room even when I try to strike up conversation. I've just kinda given up on it, and try to invoke as little of the pissiness as possible by staying in my room or staying away from the apartment all together. If it were a question of us living together in the future I guess I'd have to deal with it, but since I'm moving out soon I'm just not looking to invest the energy necessary. I mean, the way I see it right now is that it's kinda needing the energy of bending the space-time continuum, and I don't really have that to spare.


My reaction to drama at home.

March has been a bad month for posting. My apologies, silent readers. I'll get better. That being said, my parents are taking me to Barcelona tomorrow as promised on my birthday, so I won't exactly be flooding you with posts this weekend either. A bit of a hiatus feels like a good change for me, but I like writing too. Hopefully I'll be in more of a mood to do it when I get back. I'll probably have a billion or so pictures to show, so at least you'll have that going for you.

So, until Monday then peeps. I'll catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment