Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

On k-pop drinking games part 2 – The aftermath

Yesterday's experimental drinking game worked out pretty well, all things considering. We played for around 45 minutes, got pleasantly buzzed and giggly, and were then distracted by the cat being fluffy and us being hungry, so we ended it there and watched some Community instead. I woke up a bit groggy but not really hungover, and with the knowledge that vodka strawberry milkshakes are like the best thing ever. It was a good test run, even when we occasionally got too distracted by the clothes and cool dancing to remember to drink, but I guess that's what I get for playing with someone equally fascinated by fashion. Also laughing at all the amazingly corny stuff that goes on in these videos takes up a lot of time while playing. It's awesome. Here's looking to round two.



Apparently my brain's taking to a bit of a new month new energy approach. I woke up early yesterday morning and cleaned the floors of my apartment, before paying all my bills and applying for some jobs. I was shocked by my own productivity, but it felt good. Today I did a shitload of dishes, and I'm going to look into getting hold of a laundry time for later. Look at me, being all adult and shit.

I've been watching quite a bit of Orange Is The New Black, and so far it's been pretty cool. I can't get over that the way Regina Spektor sings in the opening makes her sound a hell of a lot like Karen O from Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I'm far more of a Karen O fan I've gotta admit, but that's probably because The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are very high school for me. I listened to them all the time when I was 15 or so. Fever To Tell is still one of my favourite albums as a whole, almost ten years down the line. Shit, stuff like this makes me feel old. It's like Gorillaz in a way, music that's still cool I don't know how many years down the line. I mean, that shit was in 5th or 6th grade and I still think they're neat and listen to them quite a bit. Oh right, I was meaning to show you a comparison, sorry about that you guys.





Anywho, Orange Is The New Black is kinda interesting in that it has a lot of really good portrayals of women, especially women of different social backgrounds and all the prison race problems going on. It doesn't feel like a giant walking cliche, nor are the women featured stereotypical representations, but actual people. Writers in Hollywood should really try and learn from stuff like this, it makes for good TV. Check it out, silent readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment