Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

On clothes, poverty and the last day of Yanyan's Stockholm adventures

Captioned on his instagram as 'Miss my girl!' Aww <3
Today was Yanyan's last day in Stockholm, which was kinda sad. I've really liked having him around, and it feels like we hit it off to a lasting friendship, even if it could be seen as being mostly based on Top Model jokes and fake British accents. All the same though, we've made plans to hang out in Hong Kong or Tokyo, whichever is the most convenient for us in the relatively near future. Looking forward to seeing him again sometime in the future and shopping until we ruin ourselves, or economies or our shoes from walking so much.




We spent the day walking around town, having basically exhausted the fun things to do in Stockholm, talking about stuff. Stockholm Fashion Week is on right now, and I had heard that they'd be showing all the shows on a big-screen TV in the middle of town, but the screen was small, with lots of sun-glare, and no seats, so we ended up just walking around stores. It made me feel a little low - I mean, I can accept to not have the money to buy stuff from the Acne sample store (although I want to), but checking stuff out on Monki made it hit home just how completely fucking broke I am. I mean, checking out a tee for 100 SEK and knowing that no only can I not afford to buy it, but I can't afford to buy a single strip of fabric in that store, or pretty much any store as a matter of fact. It's depressing, and embarrassing. I really can't wait to land a job at this point. I don't want to be dependent on people the way I am now.

It'll sort itself out in time, I know that. Everyone keeps saying so, and I think it will, but until then I feel a bit stressed out and distracted. No counting how uncomfortable it is to not be able to, I don't know, live, there are so many things I want to buy for fall. I want fabrics so I can start sewing again. I want clothes to look cute, as I'm bored of most things I have and ready to give my closet a good looking through, throwing out anything I haven't worn in a long time. I need to do laundry too, pretty desperately, seeing as pretty much all my clothes are in one big pile on the floor right now. I'm so fucking charming.

Anywho, Yanyan leaving opens up the door for more alone time, which is pretty much needed. I mean, there's only so much constant company that I can handle, no matter how fun the company is. Looking forward to kicking back all day tomorrow on my own, getting my shit together and feeling a bit better about my poverty and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment