Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

On friends and air

So far I'm really loving this whole friend-babysitting thing. I'm having so much fun playing around with Hemingway's friend every day, discussing clothes and life and managing to be both incredibly shallow and pretty deep at the same time. He's so much fun, and I really enjoy spending time with him. I don't think Hemingway thought we'd hit it off this well, but like this evening, spent on the couch drinking champagne and watching My Best Friend's Wedding which just happened to be on TV while making fun of Julia Roberts was amazing.

Seriously, that mouth could swallow you whole.

I do kinda feel that the playful bitchiness goes a bit too far when we get back to hanging out with others though, as I turn a little mean when I push things too far. I think Hemingway was a little upset about it, and I felt kinda bad. I think maybe he feels a little left out, I don't know. It's different having someone stay at his place though, because obviously it will impact our relationship. I don't feel like being all lovey-dovey in front of others because I'm kinda anti public displays of affection as I find it awkward, and obviously there are certain things that just aren't going to happen if you're three people sharing a room. I don't think he understood that he was dooming himself to three weeks without sex when he decided that his friend was staying at his place, but on the other hand he didn't bother consulting me, so it's not so much my problem.

I should try harder to be nicer though, I think. I get tired though. Even though I have fun constantly hanging out with Hemingway and his friend, it depletes my energy sources a lot faster than normal and I feel like I need some more alone time. Today was not the day for that apparently, as it was all about being social. First a trip to Fotografiska with Hemingway's friend, which was nice, even though I'd seen it all already with Max and O. We walked around for quite a while before having some lunch and walking some more, before I went to meet another friend of mine for some more walking, during which time I met one of my teachers from year two of Architecture school. Busted, more likely, in the middle of dinner (although the dinner I could see was half a bottle of wine and a pack of cigarettes). He'd been nasty to me at the end of the year and we never really understood one another, but meeting like two people in the same field of work, he was really quite pleasant. Later, I met up with Hemingway and his friend to hang out with yet another two of his friends. It was like the universe was conspiring for me to be social.

It's nice rekindling with people you haven't met in a long time though. It's nice finally feel like I have the energy to do so too. You don't really get how completely washed out you become when all you do is work, and then it's like you reach the surface and suddenly your lungs are filled with air again.


No comments:

Post a Comment