Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

On migraines and pajama days

So there it is, the start of a migraine at 5.30 in the morning and I wonder when I'll ever learn to listen to my own signals. I know I feel terrible with too much social interaction, and yet I spend almost every moment of these past two weeks with Hemingway and Yanyan. It's a typical physical manifestation of an emotional condition, and I'm just pissed at myself for not catching it before my need for alone time worked its way into this.

"There's ice cream in the freezer and cookies in the cupboard," Hemingway made sure to tell me before he left for work this morning. I feel blessed to have a boyfriend who knows the way to a girl's heart like that.

I don't know if I've maybe lost that cool I had before a little. Maybe it's because I've got bills due at the end of the week, or that it feels like every single day is booked up. Booked up on mostly fun stuff mind you, but it's not very restful after all. After this week I'll need to seriously cut down on my engagements though. It's not working out for me and it's keeping me from doing what I need to do to get out of this pre-Japan limbo.

Pony and G were telling me about this Japanese restaurant they went to where the kitchen staff is all Japanese, and the Swedish waiters apparently all suck at Japanese. "You should totally work there! You know kitchen stuff and your Japanese is way better. Just go by for some food sometime, stick your head in the kitchen or whatever and compliment them on the dinner in Japanese, saying casually how fun it'd be to work there or whatever." And yeah, that would be amazing, if I could pull it off. My Japanese can be kinda shaky when I'm nervous, and a time like that seems like the typical time where my mind might go completely blank and I'll just end up making an ass of myself. That being said, it's a job I'd love to have so I'm going to look into it. Even if I fuck up a bit, it can't be that bad.

I just have to keep my eyes on the prize, and remember that a lot of Asians probably could use my help with English, like this guy. Yanyan showed this to me and I thought I was going to cry laughing, or maybe pee myself or something. Every time I feel too lazy to do my TEFL I should watch this, just to remind myself that I'm needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment