Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

On presents and strange mothers

Hemingway's back from his Hong Kong trip, with a suitcase packed full of awesome stuff. I just love the Asian cute obsession, they do it so much better. Rilakkuma, for example. I bought myself a Rilakkuma lunchbox in the Osaka Rilakkuma store when I was there, and was just blown away by the amount of cute that was in there. Rilakkuma towels. Rilakkuma carpets. Rilakkuma vacuum cleaners. It was cute heaven. Hemingway bought me an adorable Rilakkuma backpack and a Rilakkuma apron, so now I can go around being adorable too.

Also a Junsu album, because... because Junsu.
 

Yup, dyed my hair too. Was getting sick of the whole bleaching process. Now I just need to get it cut. Hemingway's staunchly opposed of it getting shorter, but fuck it, long hair is for wimps.

Hemingway being back is nice, but it means he's back with jet-lag and a messed up sleeping pattern which in turn affects me too. One example being of waking me up at 6 am to happily drag me out of bed for a bath. "You can sleep in the tub!" which, to be fair, I did until the water got uncomfortably cold, when I shuffled back to bed in a zombie-like state. It was nice, but I'm so not a morning person the way Hemingway is. It's just not my thing.


I'm heading out later today to try out longboarding with O. I love snowboarding, but I've been on a skateboard once in my life. I stood still for like five seconds before falling off it. I think I must've been around ten or so. My brain's trying to think of creative ways to get me to stay home, culminating in "What if you knock all your teeth out?" before I started to feel like a chicken. In a way, kinda want to really enjoy longboarding, because I always wanted to be really good at something cool. When I was a kid, in that misguided skater kid period that I'm sure everyone had at some point, I really wanted to learn to skateboard. Mom, in all her infinite wisdom, told me that I was too tall, and that my center of gravity was too far up to have any real balance on a skateboard. She said the same thing about my wanting to do gymnastics too. Come to think of it, anything I wouldn't be able to become the best at, genetically, she told me I couldn't do. Not just me either, when my oldest sister told her she wanted to be a vet, mom said "I don't think you do. It's not like you spend your free time rolling down hills with puppies". Yes, that's an actual quote. I don't know why, really. Now that I think back it's kinda fucked up.

It's even more ridiculous considering they always flat-out refused to get a dog, no matter how much we begged.

No comments:

Post a Comment