Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

On kitty farewells and shrieks

Lazy kitty bed cuddles.
Today was Tara the cat's last day at my place before going back to her own apartment with her owner. It's been both a little rough to have her around as she's a wee bit demanding sometimes, but mostly she's been really sweet. Last night as I was getting ready for bed and was feeling a little lonely, she lay down on my chest and purred me in the face. It's comforting, it really is. As much as I favour dogs, I have a feeling I'm going to miss the little fucker when she's gone. Cleaning up her stuff and getting ready to move - it just feels kinda sad.



I've slept way too little and now I'm exhausted. These past few days I've been hanging out with so many people, and while it's been fun, I feel mentally drained. I'm taking a little break before finishing my TEFL assignments, watching Top Model, and shit, this show never fails in bringing out the most annoying thing about people. We have the "I have a kid, I need to do it for him/her!"-crowd, the "My parents want this for me, I have to do it for them!"-crowd, the crying all the time crowd and oh my god, the fucking shrieking these girls do whenever anything happens! I was just happy I wasn't wearing earphones, fuck. They could communicate with dolphins at this rate, it's ridiculous. Why do they always have to scream? Is it an American thing?


Seriously though, I don't understand why people always do things for someone else's sake. I've never seen a model on this show officially go "I'm doing this for me. I want this." It's always such a fucking cop-out. It's like they're hiding behind others, giving in to expectations of who they are and what they should do, as opposed to thinking for themselves and it's provoking. It's OK to be selfish about your life choices - you're the one who has to live with them after all. Geez. Grow a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment