Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

On colds and Margaret Cho

Hemingway's been starting to cook me breakfast when he gets up to go to work, which I find really sweet. I've been in the habit of not really liking to eat breakfast, but when it's there and it's been prepared so sweetly I can't not eat it. Pony and I have made jokes about him being a feeder, but it's really just nice to have someone worry about you getting your daily nutrients and stuff.

As nice as he is though, he's given me his cold from Indonesia and I have the worst sore throat. Hmpf. Also, today it's rained like hell and I got soaked through while walking home from the subway, and now I'm hiding out at home wrapped up in a big comforter trying to keep warm, hiding from the horrible weird bark-like substance that tastes like toothpaste that he keeps trying to feed me. What is that? And more importantly, whyyyyy?





The hat I lost yesterday had been turned in, luckily. I headed by the cinema on my way home, and was pointed in the right direction by a big burly dude who looked surprisingly nervous for some reason. About five seconds after I'd opened the lost and found cupboard, he wondered if I'd found it (I mean, it was at the top because I only lost it yesterday, but give me a minute, man!), and then when I thanked him for letting me look he asked again if I'd found it (while it was in my hand) and then said "Wow, that's a relief!" in a really happy voice. Uh... yeah, thanks Movie Usher Man. That was weird. Maybe it was my winning smile that made him nervous, I don't know.


O called me yesterday really excited about tickets to a Margaret Cho gig in Stockholm in December. O introduced me to the awesomeness of Margaret Cho last year, and we both were totally bummed out when we missed her at last year's Pride festival on account of being in Japan, and I'd just love to see her. The bummer is, well, December. It's always hard when people ask me stuff I don't know how to answer really. "So when are you leaving?" is a typical one. "Will you be here during this and that period?" I can't say for sure I'll be around in time for the show, and that sucks. I'd love to be, I really would. Even if I go to Japan, I'd possibly be back for Christmas, so I might be able to see it then I guess, but the whole thing's shrouded in complete mystery.



I'll miss making far-off plans with my friends. I'll miss my friends full-stop. I mean, what if I can't find anyone I'll feel close enough to in Japan to make rude jokes with? Who can I be bitchy with? Who will not run away when I say really dirty stuff? I'm sure it'll sort itself out and stuff, but I still worry a bit about it. I like my friends here. I kinda wish I could get clones there. I'm going to miss them.

And finally blog.com has stopped haunting me from beyond the grave by fucking up my pictures from my previous posts. I can't believe I can't get away from their bullshit even when I've switched providers. Why can't shit just... I don't know, work?

No comments:

Post a Comment