Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2014

On dreams of dead mother figures

Apparently Karate Husband tends to blame his staff for the lack of revenue during the winter months. The Thai woman in the kitchen told me he'd blamed her cooking at one time, to blame the Swedish girls' lack of service another.
"At least he's never yelled at me," I said. "I've managed four months without getting into trouble."
"It's just a matter of time," she said with a smirk. "You'll see. He'll blame you too soon enough."


Wandering back to my workstation and receiving a call from Karate Husband's wife where she wished me a happy start of the new year and praised me for having written Karate Husband a note in Japanese regarding an order of his that was finished, I couldn't help but think that I think she's wrong on that one. I think I've managed to make myself popular enough that I should be able to keep dodging Karate Husband's very potent rage if I just keep going the way I have been. I've messed up a little previously, and I've never ever had any blowback come my way. I'm good with Karate Husband, and what's even more important is that I'm good with his wife (who, according to Mafune at least, runs the show). It's bad for a boss to play favourites, but when I'm the favourite, I'm going to go ahead and keep my mouth shut, lest it all blows up in my face.

Is it weird to meet people you used to know in your dreams, having them specifically come to you to ask you if you need help with anything? I had a dream like that last night about my ex-boyfriend's mom. Now my ex-boyfriend was an idiot, but his mom was the sweetest person on this earth. We really connected and she was like an extra mom to me, showing me every kindness imaginable. When my ex-boyfriend and I broke up, she was furious with him. She died a few weeks after due to breast cancer, and I still miss her. From time to time I even forget that she's dead.


Last night, I dreamt that I was taking the horse I used to take care of when I lived in Gothenburg out in secret. While in the riding enclosure, I looked up to see my ex's mom on her beloved horse coming over. She asked me if I needed anything, any help at all. I told her no, because somewhere in that moment I felt that even though things are kinda messed up at times and I have a lot to try to get through, I can handle it. I just wonder why now, four years down the line, I get this mental image of her, and not anyone else, in a time that will bring a whole lot of changes for me. I'm not one for superstition, but maybe it's a sign that everything will work out, and a reminder that people have my back. I know she always did. Maybe she still does.

No comments:

Post a Comment