Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

On going out and feeling great

"You've got those Barbie legs - use them!"

Pony and I are going out tonight to Stockholm's k-pop club K-pop nonstop and we're psyched. K-pop nonstop is a magical place of hope and wonder, filled with awesome music, hot Asians and good times. They only have it every few months, and it's worth every penny getting in. It's easy for me to feel a little self-conscious there, being tall and kinda androgynous, and all the Asian chicks being tiny and super feminine in body-con dresses and long flowing hair.
Playing with gender roles when it comes to going out hasn't presented much of a problem for me before when it comes to flirting, but I felt so weird there. Still had fun, but - and call me shallow if you want - I like getting attention when going out. I don't feel much like dresses and ultra-feminine things now that my hair's short, but tonight I'm going to own it. It's all a matter of projection, and if I'm in the right mood to go rock my socks off, that doesn't tend to be much of a problem. I've had a good week, a good day and I just cured a headache, so I feel good to go. Looking forward to the edgy-yet-feminine look and to dance all night.

Time to get ready by taking a long hot bath and make myself look absolutely fabulous while watching Project Runway. I want to look hot in case I run into my facebook stalker.

Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment