Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

On fur, fashion and fanatics

Fashion bloggers sure do get a lot of crazy followers.

As I've said before, I really enjoy reading Bryanboy's blog and facebook, and I really like his personal style. It's cool how he's made his passion of fashion blogging his job, and it's cool that he allows his readers to tag along on his journey by posting stuff on his facebook pretty much every day. That being said, his kinda out there personality and don't-give-a-fuckery can rub people the wrong way. Seriously rub them the wrong way, and they say some seriously crazy shit.



First I found this.
Because apparently saying you like anything at all makes you an asshole.

Now granted, this is pretty tame, but I fail to see how he was tactless or 'needs a slap' in any way. Is liking stuff bad? Are famous people not allowed an opinion? Is it that he's going to Fashion week and being put on the front row that bothers you? It's his job, you dimwits. All of it is. I don't see him berating you for filing those papers in a certain way.

Moving on to his accessory collection. A lot of it (mostly even maybe?) is fur, and fur always sparks a shit storm, especially when PETA gets involved. Just to show you I'm not just being a dick about people having a different opinion than someone I like, here's an example of it done in a reasonable way.

One of each, please, those colours are gorgeous.

No name calling, hair pulling or general bitchery. I'm fine with this. This on the other hand,

Fluffy shit storm.

makes me want to tell every single person in there to go fuck themselves. Let me explain myself - I'm absolutely against any and all forms of animal cruelty. But I'm not against fur. Let me break it down to you guys. To me, fur and meat are part of the same deal. Why is it OK to breed an animal for one part of its body and not the other? Is it because a furry animal is cuter than a cow or pig, or chicken for that matter? "There are many alternatives to fur", they say. But what about the alternatives to meat? There are plenty of those. I don't buy your 'righteous crusade' of bullshit, people. If we're talking hell and judging people left and right, you might want to know that that Christian religion you all seem to like so much tells you to not fucking do that shit, so knock it the fuck off.

Fur is a controversial subject to be sure, but I think it has a worse reputation than maybe it deserves. If conditions for animals were better, fur would in my eyes be fine. Same for meat, where conditions quite often are deplorable. How often do you hear of anyone picketing a milk farm? Or a letting loose chickens into the wild as a political statement? The 'fur is murder' crowd are more often than not complete hypocrites. If you can eat meat, drink milk and devour an omelet, I can wear my great aunt's muskrat fur or a rabbit fur scarf or a goddamn live chinchilla on my head if I want. It's the same thing.

Tell us how you really feel.
I came across this really vocal woman in the comments who seemed to really have it in for Bryanboy. Either that, or she really just seemed to want to be a total bitch. Go ahead SB, be a homophobic narrow-minded idiot. Live the dream.

OK, I hear you SB, you can stop now. I love that sweater btw.
...like right now. Please shut up.
Shut the fuck up. I m not even kidding.
I love how SB in one breath calls a menswear designer a 'woman hater', and then goes on to berate Bryanboy for being gay and casting an (not even very androgynous-looking, let alone 'girly') model in the ad. It makes me so annoyed when one underprivileged group attacks another underprivileged group. You people should know better. Women are discriminated against on a daily basis, sure, but nowhere near as often as the LGBTQ crowd. And what makes Bryanboy so offensively 'gay' to you? Is it because he exhibits traditionally feminine hobbies such as fashion and taking pride and joy in his appearance? Isn't that a good trait if you think that designers in general are disrespectful or unappreciative to women? And why would 'gay' be such a bad thing to call someone? How can someone's sexuality be so offensive to a third party? He's not going to try to bang you, honey. Then again, maybe that's the problem.

Surprising no-one, this woman had liked 'white history month' on facebook too. "Boohoo, blacks are racist to us whites! Being called a cracker is just as bad as centuries of exploitation and slavery!" As if every month isn't already white history month.

People may not agree with Bryanboy's aesthetic or style choices, and disagreeing is fine, as long as it's done in a respectful way. But writing that you wish that someone would push him over the fucking ledge when he's posting a picture posing on a rooftop, that's totally insane. What the hell is wrong with you, woman?! I'm disgusted and I sincerely hope that he either doesn't read all that hateful bullshit or that he laughs at how ridiculous jealousy makes people look. I hope he laughs all the way to the bank actually, and it makes me want to look into buying something from his accessory collection when it comes out in fall 2013, just to support him. Haters gonna hate and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment