Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

On watching Project Runway obsessively, S11E4

Finally this season seems to be picking up the slack, and what better time to do it than my favourite challenge, the unconventional challenge. In the past, Project Runway have done both flower shop unconventional challenges and hardware ones, but this is the first time they're mixing, as well as being told beforehand where they're going. The mixing of the teams was expected but beneficial, and I've gotta say that Stanley sure did a good job of taking over the role of leader from poor frazzled Ben. But Christ, I wish Michelle would stop bitching about every single thing. Yeah, if I were in your position I wouldn't want to work with crazy-eyes Pocahontas, but shut up and get yourself in gear, you're not such hot stuff yourself.

Moving on to the memorable ones.

Nice skirt, but the shape is so done.
Samantha won this week, which felt a little undeserved. This wasn't bad by any stretch, but the shape is done to death.

Am I the only one found the lattice skirt a little awkward-looking?
Layana, while certainly talented, seems to have her head a little far up her own ass. The concept and colours are great though, while I find the skirt a little odd. See-through is great, but that much looks kinda unfinished in a way. I'd opt to chop it a bit.

Barf.
This just looks horribly awkward. The slit between the lattice top and the flowers doesn't look deliberate enough, and the whole thing comes off really Madonna-like, and not in the good Jean Paul Gaultier way.

Super barf.
Mustachio, honey, you know I love you, but those hip things are cray-cray. Not good.

Artichoke couture.

This is really pretty, but I feel like the length is off. Chop it a few inches and it would feel a lot more wearable.

The top is awesome.
[/caption] Oh Tu, I'm so happy you're not in the losing team this week, and well done on this! The string top really seems to fit his general aesthetic too.

Judges, you suck.
 Poor Joe. He didn't deserve to get booted off the show. I really liked his over-sized things, and the fact that he had the guts to go for another silhouette than the stereotypical hourglass. And this wasn't unflattering. In my opinion it was one of the better things on that runway. ...as opposed to this.

So fuck you, judges.

 ...or this.

NO.
How is it that they keep Patricia on so long? How is this good? And come on, pow-wow-chic, seriously? I don't see how this was good and Joe's bad in any way. I'm disappointed. A better episode this week, but the conclusion was still pretty shit. Come on, get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment