Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

On presentations and feeling particularly asocial

My face after having graduated.
So my presentation came and went by without too much of a hassle. They had nicer things to say about it than I did, which I guess is a good thing, and the two teachers who critiqued it both separately came up to me afterwards to say something about it or give me a tip of some reference project to look at, so I'm taking it as a sign that there was at least something that awakens some sort of curiosity about my work. I know it's not the best I've ever done, nor the best I'll ever do, but given the piece of shit spring I've had so far I'm just happy to be through with all of it.

One of those teachers looked so much like Edmure Tully from Game of Thrones that I half-wanted to ask him what the hell he was doing here, and why he wasn't on his way with Rob Stark to the Freys at the Twins to marry that Frey girl he was promised to. What can I say, nerds have more fun.

"Could your building stand a long siege?"
I was invited to a party tonight, but as with every time I get totally stressed out and then get the chance to recover - I can't stand being around people. I had ice cream today with a few people from school, and Sand wanted us to come hang out with some people I hardly ever talk to, and I just felt like going "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE". Luckily my friend Knives Chau (not really Knives Chau, but so much of a look-alike they used to call us Knives and Ramona when we would hang out last summer) didn't feel like hanging out with these people either, so we spent the afternoon trying on vintage sunglasses in a tiny shop with a really enthusiastic owner. I bought a really cool pair of 60's glasses that will probably be on my face in every picture the rest of the summer, so I hope you'll excuse me for not posting any pictures of them yet. I feel a bit mean when people want to hang out and I initially say yes and then stall until it all runs out into nothing, but it's just more than I can handle right now.

Sometimes it's better to just hang out and do nothing in particular than something at all.

Here, have a bunny instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment