Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2013

On strange dreams and strange kids

I had a hard time sleeping last night, being completely exhausted after coming back from a day at my parents' house. Head hit the pillow, and BAM! Instantly super awake. I snuck up and played Bioshock until after 2 instead. Thought I'd maybe go for a run, but decided against it, as that's the kind of shit that gets you killed in horror movies. When I did fall asleep it was to dream of being stalked by annoying guys and trying to escape tidal floods where the bubbles were eyeballs. Yeah, my head is kinda messed up right now.

Why can t I dream of this instead? Would' ve been so much better.
Went on to spend the afternoon with my sister K and her kids, going to the farm, which once again proved that I don't want kids anytime soon. They're really sweet kids, both of them, but oh my god, the noise! There's just so so so much of it, and I'm just not equipped at handling that, at least not two of them at once. It started raining, and we retreated inside for some ice cream and Ponyo, during which time the older of the two climbed all over me, ate my kiwi and then promptly sat in my lap, grabbing my knitting needles trying to 'help' me knit. It was cute, but I've gotta say I don't mind when they leave.

Sand once said about her being Ponyo and me being Sosuke: "It s just like us! I run around yelling and you take care of me."
Still completely exhausted though. Fell asleep on the couch and went into straight-up zombie mode for most of the evening. Like Pony said though, at least today I'd done something and wasn't just a zombie anyways. And I paid some bills that I hadn't opened in forever, just because I had this mental block that stopped me from physically doing it. Just couldn't get myself to do it, even though I knew I had to. Stupid school, six months of chronic stress have gotten me totally destroyed. It'll probably take a while before I start acting normal or feeling like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment