Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

On phone terrors from planet Comviq

I love being able to rightfully complain about things. It gives me such a feeling of superiority. I was right, you've wronged me, how dare you? I switched service providers for my phone not too long ago, and they promised they'd hook me up with two free months. "Sweet", I think. Then they start calling me again.

"Hey, have you heard of this great offer?" "Uh, yeah, you sold it to me yesterday."

And again. "Hey, we have this great offer we think you'd like." "I know, thanks, I've already decided to go with it."

And again. "Hi, we thought you might like..." "Jesus Christ, you people are incompetent."

Stop fucking calling me!
So I complained, and the customer service people crawled at my feet, begging my forgiveness, as customer service people tend to do. I forgave them, being the benevolent consumer that I am. But then came the first bill. I complain in a way that's icy cold at first, making it out like I've taken time from my busy schedule to call them and let them know that they've fucked shit up for me, but the second they start sucking up and begging for my forgiveness I'm all happy and nice and "have a nice day"-ish. Customer service man ripped my bill with a tearful voice and promised it wouldn't happen again.

...until it totally did, today, and I had to bite my tongue to not call them all morons. Seriously, can't they just make a note in their computer system of when people who are offered two free months are supposed to stop paying? Because hey, phone service provider, it's not now. Christ. But my service provider sure knows how to issue a heartfelt apology. They should, they probably have a lot of practice. But seriously, they're like the most sorry people in the world, which is good, seeing as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like Liam Neeson's character in Taken when I call them.

Come on, guess who s shit I 'm tired of.
Anyways, I got my bill shredded again. What's even better is that my check from the sleep deprivation study came in the mail again today - I'd forgotten all about losing it so I hadn't emailed the good-looking doctor, but I guess the expiration date was passed without the money being touched, so they sent out a new one. All in all, a good day for money, and a good day for complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment