Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

On Karate Husband, brain hurricanes and new G-Dragon songs

Working at the sushi restaurant yesterday was not nearly as stressful as the bar, and far more fun. I was a lot better at it too. I worked under the leadership of a man who looked kinda Indian who's been there since forever, and having 20 years of experience under his belt, he knew exactly how to train new people. I felt really welcome and ended up having a really nice time working too. Karate Husband made another Japanese guy named Bata move a sign that was hanging too low so I wouldn't hit my head on it, and I felt compelled to try to make friends, mainly because Bata apparently only speaks Japanese and I'm not sure he didn't just think I was weird. The other Japanese guy in the kitchen seemed really sweet, he made a point to say hi and bye before leaving even though I hardly saw him while working. The really sweet woman who interviewed me showed up and even dissed the previous suffix -san for the less formal and infinitely more cute -chan, and I felt happily accepted. I'm going back in today after Karate Husband (who's taken to only speak Japanese with me) looked me straight in the eyes and said "Tomorrow. The same." and there's nothing to be done except squeak "Hai!". I'll have to meet up with Sand and the gang later.

Karate Husband's word is law.
Hemingway was in the area when I got off work and came to meet me with flowers and macaroons. He really is amazing in how thoughtful he is all the time. He's just so damn adorable. I've felt like I've been kinda self-absorbed lately, and I feel bad about it. I keep forgetting I'm not so much of an island anymore. I've just been so focused on other things recently - the job search, putting off Japan for a little while, being absolutely penniless, Pony moving out... there's just so much on my plate that I kinda reverted into my turtle shell and tried to deal with things the way I'm used to - on my own. I shut people out unintentionally, because it doesn't really cross my mind that someone might be able to or even want to make themselves part of the hurricane that's buzzing through my brain. Once the dust settles I think I'll have a clearer view of things, but for now I'm just doing what I can to tread water and not drown in all the stuff going on at once.


Shit, I looked amazing in it.
As kinda like a present for not fucking up it seems, G-Dragon has released two new videos within like the space of a week. I love that boy. He makes me miss having white hair though, that shit looks amazing. I'm kinda in love with his Crooked video, as it's just almost 4 minutes of G-Dragon running around being a bastard to people while being dressed amazingly before looking like someone in absolute need of a hug. The song's also something that I'm pretty sure they'll play the crap out of at the next Kpop Non-stop. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll manage to play the shit out of it even before then. What kind of fangirl would I be if I didn't? And because I'm just assuming that everyone shares my hard-on for k-pop and G-Dragon especially, I'm going to go crazy fangirl all over you silent readers and bombard you with the videos and screens from them, because G-Dragon needs to be worshiped more. There are no two ways about it.



I love this video, and the song. Together they're really striking and the location is awesome. I wonder where they filmed it? So industrial. And his hair. Ooh, he makes me want to cut it just like that again. It's so cool-looking.










Coup D'Etat is maybe not as much of a party song, but the video's sure just as good as Crooked. Shit, G-Dragon sure knows how to put out awesome videos, visually. Packed full with symbolism and references back to other videos. I have such high hopes for this album now based on these two songs. It's going to rock.



Also, how the hell does G-Dragon manage to get away with hairdos that would look terrible on anyone else? There must be some sort of sorcery to it.











If only I could learn to do a G-Dragon smokey eye, any other makeup skills would be completely obsolete. This shit looks awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment