Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

On packing and pronounciation

Pony's moving out of the apartment on Tuesday, to another smaller apartment about a block or so away, because of personal issues with G. They're not breaking up or anything, but some time apart will be good for both of them I guess. Still, it'll feel weird not having her here all the time. Sure, she'll be here most of the time, but I feel a little odd about living her with just G and later possibly a third party. I'm not sure I want that third party, I'm seldom comfortable with people I don't know very well, or who don't know our apartment routines (or lack thereof).

Will they enjoy blanket forts and Community marathons?

Pony's parents are here now, helping her pack, and as always with other peoples' parents, I go out and say hi awkwardly and then retreat into my room as quickly as possible to avoid any prolonged contact. I really like her parents, but parents in general make me nervous and I'd rather not be around them. Also it's so definite - Pony's stuff is in bags and it hits me that we won't be able to go through each others wardrobes or borrow each others books whenever we want to now. That shit needs to be planned. Just by a quick call, saying "Hey, can I borrow that shirt with the thingie?", but all the same, there'll be an extra step involved.

Obviously this will be better for her, and I'm happy for her that she's found an apartment so close. I just kinda thought that it'd always be the three of us here, like on good days, until I'd leave for Japan. Now there's this soon-to-be empty space and it just feels weird and depressing.

And blurry. Things feel blurry.
I beat some of my separation anxiety by reminding myself that I have very dear friends on the other side of the fucking planet rather than courtyard by talking to T for a bit. Man, has my Japanese gotten rusty or what. I really need to get back to reading every day, this is awkward. I mean, I get mixed up with even the simplest things and it just makes me feel stupid. I can understand a whole lot more than I can say, and while I guess it's the same for T with English, I was flustered when he asked me to translate his English textbook conversation to Japanese with him.


It's time to get some acts together I think. More TEFL, more Japanese, more job interviews and more laundry. More laundry for sure. I'm being swallowed by a mountain of clothes on my floor, but I've got a laundry time tomorrow and I've been doing work today, and if I get back on learning I'll be good in the six months left until Japan. It's going to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment