Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

On personalities and hobos

The brain testing people got back in touch with me and asked me to fill out a kind of 'personality quiz' to go with the experiment. I love love love stuff like this, I can sit and fill out personality quizzes online forever. So much fun! This one was a pretty standard one, filled with various statements that you'd rank according to how well they corresponded with your personality (reminding me a bit of the Myers-Briggs test). Some questions were just completely ridiculous though.
Q15. I might like hanging out with people who 'drift' from town to town, without having a permanent home.
My first thought here was ”Hobos”. My second thought was ”...wait, that description sounds just like me”.

My hobo kin.
Q36. I mighty like traveling around the country with some bikers, stirring up trouble.
...wait, what?

My rebel crew.
Q48. I would like to devote my life to writing poetry while living in a collective.
If I did it'd be so far underground that you would probably never have heard of it.
Yeah, not likely. Some questions I just had to read out loud to Pony and laugh about. I probably come up as pretty weird in these tests, seeing as I manage to be both introverted and shy yet entitled and narcissistic at the same time. Don't ask my how, I just seem to have a talent for it. I also tend to come across a wee bit like an Aspie as well (hence being called Sheldon and all that). We were joking about how this maybe was a questionnaire for the handsome yet socially stiff doctor in charge of the experiment. Wouldn't that be something for society – dating exams.
”Thank you for showing interest, but it's clear here from your test results that you're a bit of a self-entitled asshole. I'm afraid we won't be needing you for further testing in the partner field.”

No comments:

Post a Comment