Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

On non-existing friends and existing clients


In seeing groups of people out and about on a Friday night, it struck me that I kinda wish I had friends. I mean, I have awesome Swedish friends, and I have T and some others here, but I saw these groups of three to four people, going out and just hanging out together, or two friends with similar styles just walking down the street talking and laughing, and I felt a twinge of jealousy and sadness. Obviously with all the things that have been going on lately I don't have the social energy or the time to do all of those things with said hypothetical friends, but it still feels kinda depressing to not have any.

I wonder how I'll make friends, seeing as it's against company policy to hang out with people from work after work. I also value the fact that I'll have time to myself, at least now in the beginning. In planning my apartment here, I've always looked at it like planning almost like my cave or nest or something; a place for me. I like the idea of spending time with me. I think I'm a pretty cool person to spend time with. I just wish I had a casual group of friends that I could meet for a beer, or chat with on facebook or something. I just wish I knew how it was done. Moonlight used to tell me to just go for it, like he did when he just walked up to Pony, Puppy and I that one time at K-pop Non-stop, but club settings are different. They're kinda made for spontaneous social interaction. Here, there hasn't been any situation where that would have been even remotely sane. I wonder of things will pick up a little after I stop being shadowed by my parents. I guess that's always something to look forward to.

Work-wise, things seem to be picking up without me having to do a single thing. Today I got my first Blue Booking, which means that a client specifically asked for me. The other ones I have are black bookings, which is when people kinda go "Meh, I'll take whoever", but the blue ones mean that someone has selected you because they think you seem cool or whatever. The goal of any instructor at my work is to get as many blue bookings as possible, and I've gotta say that I'm pretty psyched to have gotten one with literally no work done at all, just by having had my schedule posted for two days. Having a blue booking does feel kinda double-edged though, like they're expecting something out of me. They picked me for a reason after all, so I need to deliver on that, whatever that is. The good thing is that my schedule is beginning to see some bookings anyway, and that leads me to believe that actually filling that schedule won't be as difficult as I imagined from the start. That, in turn, leads to more dough for me, which is always appreciated. Unfortunately I won't see a single penny of it until July 25th, but I guess it can't be helped. It'll get there in the end, that's the important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment