Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

On maximum love for minimalism and curtain obsessions

I love Muji. Others may say that too, but I really love Muji. Like if Muji was a person, I'd have Muji's babies, and they'd be beautiful and easy to deal with and totally affordable, and they'd go with everything. I don't think I've ever been unhappy with anything Muji-related since I realized that the store actually exists. I'd be happy to by all my stuff from Muji, all the time.

Because people who want more than minimalism are just being greedy.
So what's up with today's declaration of love for all things Muji? Well, it started when I went out to buy curtains today, because it's nice to not be blinded at 5 a.m., even though I'm beginning to learn to sleep through it. I headed to my darling Muji, and found not only cute blue curtains at a good price, but also a really nice makeup counter that I'd missed on my previous trips. These guys have everything. They even sell food. The staff are all lovely, and when there aren't many people there the store is quiet and the staff almost whisper their welcomes. It's great.


Anywho, I bought my curtains, and on the way home I realized that I forgot to ask for curtain hangers. "Crap," I thought. "I'll have to try to find some somewhere. I guess I'll just put up the curtains tonight or tomorrow." I still wanted a look at them, so I opened the beautifully presented package of curtains, and what do I see? Included curtain hangers. So now I have curtains, and that's awesome.

Behold, the to-me-previously-unknown joy of good product planning.

Muji has claimed a small corner of my apartment. The assimilation has begun. That corner really kinda needs a plant though. Gotta get on that.

Reading that back to me, I wonder what my life has become when something as trivial as curtain hangers makes me so happy. I feel a little like I'm channeling Nadine from Twin Peaks. That being said, I've always loved interior decorating, yet never had the chance to do it for myself, and watching my apartment slowly take shape into something I'm really happy with one step at a time brings me so much satisfaction. When you look at it that way, curtain happiness isn't all that crazy.



The Philosopher told me to stop being so hard on myself, that I've done things in three weeks that took him six months to get around to. Clearly he's right, and I'm pretty exhausted after everything that's been going on, but I just wish I could feel happier about some aspects of my life that used to feel a lot more important to me I guess. Right now, what feels important to me is to turn this apartment into my nest, and make it cozy as fuck. I need to buy plants. Don't you guys just love taking part in my oh-so-exciting life?

No comments:

Post a Comment