Pages

Tuesday 24 June 2014

On cookies and other grocery matters



It only takes one quick look into my shopping bag from my trip to the grocery store to cement the fact that I'm not a grown-up. In fact, I'm a twelve year old with a bad ice coffee habit. Seriously. I've never been the queen of proper meals, but I kinda thought I'd change that a bit once I moved. Turns out I'm still as lazy as I've ever been in the cooking department.


I like to think it's not all my fault though; that somehow, if I had a fridge larger than a shoebox, I could whip up small yet tasteful dishes at a moment's notice and eat a balanced diet any day of the week. This is the inside of my fridge. This is seriously all the fridge space I have. See that tiny compartment to the right? Yeah, that's my freezer, and it's impossible to find a balance between 'hardly even cool' and 'North Pole ice age' where everything just freezes over. I'm not going to really make an attempt to figure that out. I'll just stick to storing frozen vegetables and ice lollies there.
My stint in Akihabara today wasn't as soul crushing as it was last time I was there. Granted, I wasn't out walking all that much and clients I had were mostly interesting, so I guess that helps. The fact that I could do lunch for 90 minutes instead of my usual 45 due to a lull in clients also wasn't bad. Relaxing a bit in the middle of the day is pretty underrated.

I wonder if my boss from Ikebukuro talked to the people in charge of the Akihabara studio about it not really being busy, because today everyone was showering me with praise and thanking me for being there. It felt a bit weird, but hey, I'm not saying no to people saying nice things about me. The guy in charge seems jolly enough, telling me that if there was anything I was wondering about work or Tokyo in general, I could hit him up. He also gave me a cookie as I was finishing my day, stating it was "totally not a bribe" and that I could come work there any time I felt like it. The sentiment makes me happy. I don't know if I'll take him up on it though, I guess it depends on how things pan out in Ikebukuro. But hey, if there are cookies involved... who knows?


As an added bonus I just have to show you the cat of one of my Akihabara students. It's a Munchkin. I was enamoured. The guy was really lovely too. "When you go to Cat cafés, make sure you eat some meat or chicken before. They make you wash your hands before you go in of course, but the cats can still smell a little meat on you, so they'll want to come snuggle." Oh Kojiro-kun, how are you such an adorable cat? I should stop watching these videos before they get the better of me and I sneak some poor short-legged kitten into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment