Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

On changes and chances

So...
I got a response today.



Apparently, I'm in. Or at least sort of in. Apparently my work is 'interesting' and seems to hold the same standard as the work of students in London, and now they want to take me on for a month, part time, to test my abilities. I'd be coming in twice a week or so, and if the month is good, they'll look into taking me on and actually giving me a job.

I'll need to spend a lot of my free time getting acquainted with the programs used again. At least that way, I'll feel like I have the tools necessary to not, I don't know, be a burden. I may not know much about what actually happens at an office, least of all an office that designs tower buildings in a city of millions, but if I know the things they use to do these things, I feel like I have a chance to pick up on everything else fairly quickly. This is a great, but truly terrifying outcome. It's such an enormous change for me, and such an enormous chance. I'm excited and worried and all these things all wrapped up in one. It's like the future suddenly just... happened. I'm not really sure how.

No comments:

Post a Comment